• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Game Categories Light 1.2 for 6.20 TN

flofrucht

PSP Enthusiast
Just copy the game categories.prx to seplugins.
Activate it in the vsh.txt,make a new folder with your category name,copy to there your files,restart vsh and have fun :p

Vegetano1

XMB themer
Hey bubbletune! awesome plugin!!

i got 1 problem,. i made this theme, see link ;), but i can't get the game folders scroll in from the right,. its an offset i use,. its 20,.. eg the same in music menu when set to -480 the folders come into the screen from the right when entering submenu,.(initial position) i am guessing game_cat uses a prx from flash0,. and not from cxmb,.? i dunno,. without the game_cat plugin it works,. but anyway its no big deal,. ;) but would be nice to fix this,. hehe

here is the theme:
http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=25772

also making a new version,. coming soon :)

scott7seven

future release ??

i loved gam cat on my old psp, it got stolen

finally got a new one, its at 635 pro

620 wont play a bunch of isos backups right that played in 635

so i re put 635 back on it

will there be a release for 635 anytime soon or plan to make one

and any cance of making the 620 one work on 635 since they both use the expired folders and stuff

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

sorry if this is a repeat, first one never seemed to go thu
i loved gam cat on my old psp, it got stolen
finally got a new one, its at 635 pro psp 300x
620 wont play a bunch of isos backups right that played in 635
so i re put 635 back on it
will there be a release for 635 anytime soon or plan to make one
and any cance of making the 620 one work on 635 since they both use the expired folders and stuff

vit9696

Hello Bubbletune,
Thanks for your work, but I have a problem with your plugin:

When I use plugin aLoader 1.0 and Game categories Light 1.3 or 1.2b, the game list appears after 20-25 seconds, without Game categories Light it appears less than in 5 seconds.

I hope, that you will manage to find a problem, and fix it, if it is yours.

Best wishes, vit9696.

P.S. Sorry of my english :)

UPD:
Sorry - a new version of aloader (1.1) released - it was its problem....

shinigami7th

First of all, thanks for the great work Bubbletune! I've been a fan of your GCR r12 back when I'm using GEN. However, ever since I upgraded to 6.35 PRO-B3, I've been using your GCL v1.3 and it seems to be less than what I expected.

I understand there are some stability issues, like the app version caption sometimes does not view the correct version number (in my case, it is often garbage characters). There are some random crashing as well; there are several cases where I can trigger it quite consistently:
1. Switching in and out and changing of categories rapidly
2. Opening option with triangle and switch to view all, then back to category view (maybe 2 out of 5 tries)
3. Opening option with triangle and pressing square to switch through the view option (also about 2 out of 5 tries)

I think my biggest discomfort is that it is no longer showing the PIC0 and PIC1 anymore like GCR and the lack of sorting application (for the latter, I know it is not your problem :p).

If I could request for a feature, I would really like it if its behaviour is closer to the GCR r12, or at least have the PIC0 and PIC1 display. I created a lot of PSX EBOOTs with my own custom PIC0 and PIC1, so it is kinda sad not being able to display it. :D

Thanks a lot!

Davee

lolhax
for the latter, I know it is not your problem
Pretty sure none of them is his problem. Sony folders don't do the PIC0 displays. Like many times it has been stated, GCL != GCR

This isn't homebrew software, stuff he does in his free time, don't push your expectancies as a standard.

kthx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

shinigami7th

Pretty sure none of them is his problem. Sony folders don't do the PIC0 displays. Like many times it has been stated, GCL != GCR

This isn't homebrew software, stuff he does in his free time, don't push your expectancies as a standard.

kthx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, that is why I said "If I could request for a feature"... I understand that he used a completely different mechanic for GCL. In any case, I'm glad for what he did so far with GCL. The fact is I am still happily using GCL.

My main intention of the previous post is actually about reporting the crashes and the caption issue; the rest are just a side note. I apologize if I am sounding that I am pushing my expectancies as a standard or whatnot with the last part.

kurokuro

Will be my favorite Multiple MS style back in some of upcoming versions? It's the most quick and nice way how to access homebrews.

Coz now I must first open Memory stick and then wait about 5 seconds until homebrews & games are showed :(

Also CAT_ is not working, I simple see under Memory stick "CAT_Games". Can you take it back? It's mess now, for example I have game update, folder UCUS98744 with pboot.pbp inside and it's showed as next category. in fact every empty folder is as category.

if there will be back CAT_ system - all this garbage will be under Uncategorized category and I can hide Uncategorized so it all will be hidden.
Or at least switch in config to use/don't use CAT_ system?

many thanks

M3wThr33

Batman with a Gun
The delay is something I can live with.

I noticed it'll crash on parsing if ISO and GAME folders share a category name.
Additionally, trying to get the "Information" on a folder will cause a crash.

Is there anyway to disable the firmware version checking? A lot of my homebrew has bogus characters displayed, and I imagine that is what is taking time to parse everything. It's broken AND slowing it down.

Also, any chance to alpha-sort these, too? Thanks.

Riorio99

Fantastic plug-in, much needed too, but there are a few issues on 6.39 ME (I know it's not designed for it, but I thought I should let you know anyway).
It WAS crashing a lot on ME-2, but seems to be working fine on ME-3, and it displays random characters on the version check dealio, not a major issue, but I guess you'd want to fix it.

Great work.

flofrucht

PSP Enthusiast
Fantastic plug-in, much needed too, but there are a few issues on 6.39 ME (I know it's not designed for it, but I thought I should let you know anyway).
It WAS crashing a lot on ME-2, but seems to be working fine on ME-3, and it displays random characters on the version check dealio, not a major issue, but I guess you'd want to fix it.

Great work.

There's a 6.3x version by neur0n ;)
http://www.pspcfw.de/viewthread.php?tid=1252

shinigami7th

I found this particular bug with my 6.20 PRO-B6. Whatever first item I put in the first folder always get pushed all the way down in that folder. To illustrate:

Code:
ms0:\
|_PSP Games
|  |_Gods Eater Burst
|  |_Dissidia 012
|  |_Patapon 3
|
|_Applications
   |_Bookr
   |_Filer

In the first folder (PSP Games), Gods Eater becomes the last item in the folder. I sorted the games using pprefs plugin. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

EDIT: the same thing happens if I swapped PSP Games and Applications around; Bookr will get moved down.