• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Game Categories v12

Bubbletune

Game Categories v12

Changes in v12

- Fixed incompatibility with Lockdown XMB.
- Fixed problems with KXploited homebrew in Content Browser Mode.
- Fixed bug of colour previews not showing up in Theme Settings.
- Made an internal change to avoid a number of crashes, exact effects are unknown.

Bug reporting

Bug reporting should happen in this thread (on MforMature) and nowhere else, this plugin has been tested by me and many betatesters, yet there are still bugs which only happen on specific PSP's, and I really need details to figure them out. Include your firmware version, PSP model, other enabled plugins, any extraordinary files, and as much details as you can give on reproducing it.

Content Browser Mode

content.png

Context Menu Mode

context.png

Multiple Memsticks Mode

multims.png

Configuration in System Settings

sysconf.png

Game Categories Network Update

netupdate.png

You can download it here: Bubbletune's Release Site or if you're on version 10 on higher, via the Game Categories Network Update feature.

cmbeke

nice update, i have bug
psp 2000, 5.50 GEN-D2, hold ++
have two memory sticks and update one you have to restart to update the other one (says you have the newest version already)

imported_ruyor

I love this plugin, but I do have a problem with it. I just tried to update it with Network Update and it gives me "The game could not be started. (80020148)".

My info:
PSP-1001
5.50 GEN-D2 (faked to 6.00 (see sig))

Running Plugins:
XMBEL.prx
dayviewer.prx (v5)
hidder.prx
sysconf_spoofer.prx
game_categories.prx (v11)

I also tried disabling all plugins except Game Categories and I still got the same error, if it makes a difference, I'm on dial-up.

Adiuvo

Awesome plugin as always Bubble.

I'd give you more rep, but it says I must spread it around more first =/

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Bubbles plugins always own Adiuvo.

afteralter

S for Surreal
Kezra is Terra? :O

Awesome plug-in. Been using it since revised v1.

Thanks~!

elite

Oldie moldie
Adiuvo, don't worry. I gave him one. XD

Thanks Bubbletune. :)

ymg545

My PSP is 3000 model. I have no idea how to get Content Browser Mode works. When i go to GAME folder. Only the chicken image folder will show up. Do i need to setup something? I never get this works with any version of Game Categories plugin. Would anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks in adnvance. :)

NoName

@ymg545

1.) Phrases like "I can't get it to work" or "it want not work" are very general.
What cfw do you use (GEN-A, GEN-B or CFWE) ?
What did you exactly on installation ?

2.) Did you create some "CAT_" - folders in your "GAME" - folder
for example "CAT_Homebrew" or "CAT_Emulators"

@topic
I love this plugin. :love:
Keep up the good work Bubbletune.

LocutusEstBorg

Is it possible to make it scroll like 10 items at once Page Up/Down style when using L/R-Trigger? Would be cool if you can make it work for the music content browser too.

fifenfk

Game Categories v12

Bug reporting

Bug reporting should happen in this thread (on MforMature) and nowhere else, this plugin has been tested by me and many betatesters, yet there are still bugs which only happen on specific PSP's, and I really need details to figure them out. Include your firmware version, PSP model, other enabled plugins, any extraordinary files, and as much details as you can give on reproducing it.

1st of I give mad props and respect to Mr.Bubbletune for you amazing work on this app/plugin and props to all Devs who are keeping the scene alive.

I have been using Game Categories since v9 and recently updated to v12 and I having a strange experience.When i play a game, any game as soon as I exit the game to play a different one the in game sound is gone.I hit home and then i have sound in the xmb, when i hi light a game i have sound, but the moment i launch a game the sound dies.After disabling Game Categories
everything works fine.

I have a psp 1000 with ta-081 board,5.00 m33-6 CFW
Use the following homebrew:
PPA advance,
PAN3xx,
PspFiler,
AdHoc file transfer,
Hellcat's Rec flasher.

I use these plugins :
ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx 0
ms0:/seplugins/hold.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/vshmenu.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/battery.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/dayviewer.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/audioboost.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/PspPowerSaver.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/game_categories.prx 0

I hope this help resolve this strange bug.

Thanks

fifenfk

Thanks for the response Torch

I don’t know what the cause could be or if certain plugins are clashing but once I disables it errthing works fine.
Can you suggest possible causes to this happening ?

Also after I “restore default settings” then the sound comes back this is with the Game Categories enabled.

LocutusEstBorg

I haven't noticed any patterns. It just randomly doesn't make any sound in XMB or in-game. Exiting or launching a game fixes it. No sound in game is very rare, but XMB goes silent once in a while.

Sterist

can someone else please confirm that lockdown compat. was not fixed in v12 and that i'm not crazy? :argh:

my detailed info:

--5.50gen-D2 slim
--lockdown v3.0 XMB Style (slim only)
--no custom theme set
--all unrelated plugins disabled (all but lockdown and GCV12 disabled)
--enter password, password correct, CRASH!