• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Release] Snes9x Euphoria R5 Beta 3 (Public Release) Grab it Now!

Zack

PSP Coder
Via the official Snes9x Euphoria Site www.retroemu.com

Snes9x Euphoria R5 Beta 3 Has been released today for the general public :)
So you can download this version today and test!. Feedback is greatly appreciated, please leave bug reports etc at www.retroemu.com.

New Features & Fixes since the last public release (which was R4) :

[*] Fixed control/input issue from Beta 2.

[*] Small code optimizations.
[+] Other minor changes.
[+] Rom loading time decreased (ie games boot faster)

[*] Reverted Background back to R4 (ie no neoflash)

[*] Corrected tons of incorrect assumptions I made that affected graphical quality without gaining anything in return.
[+] Improved Math implementation (small speedup)
[+] Tons of code optimization (small speedup)

[*] More stability - Seems to be a lot more stable
[+] Mario All Stars Works Again.

So please can you guys test this and report back?

I would also like to know if any new games work with this build. Or if any get broken as a result.

Recommended settings :

For games that allow it (ie don't suffer huge graphical glitches) I would recommend this for full speed :

Render : Fast
Frameskip 3
Sound (11025) although having it at 44000 doesn't seem to affect speed much or at all.

For games that have graphical glitches ingame (when using the FAST renderer) that make them unplayable such as (mario kart) ..
I recommend the following settings :

Render : Fast + Accur.
Frameskip 3
Sound (11025) although having it at 44000 doesn't seem to affect speed much or at all.

Speed differences in games with R5 Beta 3 compared with R4 (from reports & my own testing) :

Chrono Trigger : Runs at 60fps with frameskip 0
Kirby's Superstar : Runs at 48>56fps (generally at 50fps) with frameskip 3
Mario RPG : Runs at 60fps with frameskip 0.
Final Fantasy Games seem to run at a constant 60fps with frameskip 1
All Donkey Kong Games : 60fps with frameskip 1>2
Mortal Kombat 1>3 60fps
Secret Of Mana 60fps
Super Metriod 60fps framekip 2 (use Fast + Approx renderer)

Thanks for feedback! And sorry for the HUGE timeframe between this and the previous release ;)

Download It Now!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mbgzbyclw5mpm2b

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I could give a whirl.
I'll edit my post with some results!

I do have a question though, is this done purely through User mode in the PSP?

Because I remember back in the day they had the Media Engine versions of the older Snes9xTYL and User Mode. And what not.

Zack

PSP Coder
It uses the media engine yes (For audio playback)

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Well when games actually start it runs very well. Games (that I've tried)don't seem to work with any other sample rate other than 11khz which I hope changes in the future. I really need good quality audio.

And with Auto Framelimiting games do work very well most of the time.

Tales of Phantasia had graphical glitches and audio glitches on both Fast and Fast+Approx.

So I'll compile a list of games i've tried
Alcahest, Wouldn't boot up with 32khz sound. And works great with both Fast and Fast+approx
Dracula X, works good with Fast. F+A causes major slowdown
Tales of Phantasia ^ above
7th Saga runs good until world map, which is just a gray screen on Fast, which is fixed by F+A
Super Castlevania IV : Konami logo@11khz = horrifying ear damaging sound, game runs great, but mode 7 graphics cause glitches on Fast, F+A causes the game to lockup completely and has no sound for some reason.

Will add more soon.