• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP [Release] Wolfenstein 3D - V6.0 Final - AutoMap + New Loader!

imported_Zack

Hey Wolfenstein fans!

So it's finally here. Wolfenstein 3D V6.0!!

Why has the version number skipped from 5.2 to 6.0?
That is because I always said that 6.0 would be the final version, and this is the final version of Wolfenstein 3D PSP from me ;)

So what's new? What's changed?

Well, one feature a lot of you have been craving is finally implemented (courtesy of Chilly Willy) .. AutoMap. See below screenshot :

automap.jpg

A guide on how to use automap is contained inside the download ;) (hint hold Square then press Select To enter/exit automap)

Another new update is to the Game Loader. I have mentioned previously that I wanted to re-write the Game Loader from scratch and make it's theme more fitting with the game.

Well now it is, with a nice clean UI to boot. It also has the song back from the first Game Loader.

See the below screenshot :

newloader.jpg

The deathscreen. Oh how I loathe it. I worked on it for a few hours and got no-where fast. I may have been working on the wrong place or fixing the wrong code but I got it to work everytime. Except when your facing the guard. Why? I don't know. It works 80% you could say. If your not facing an enemy when you die... the screen will turn red, if you are it won't. If anyone wants to fix this the code is there for you to do so ;)

The only other change is the save file names now (instead of being "y") are saved as the map name you are on. So whatever map you are on, the games save name will adopt that.

Screenshot of new eboot art :
Thanks to roseRouge and wolverine666 from deviant art (I used there images).

eboot.jpg

So your leaving?

Nope :) I am currently (don't get too excited) working on a port of Shadow Warrior to the PSP and my own game. I don't know when either of these will be ready so please don't ask :p

What now?

Go off and enjoy Wolfenstein 3d/Spear Of Destiny on your PSP!

You may need to install the patch file below for your version of Wolfenstein 3D.

Screenshot of Wolfenstein 3D PSP in action :

thegame.jpg

Obviously if any new bugs are introduced as a result of this update I will fix them and re-release ;)
Thanks and enjoy :)

DOWNLOAD BELOW :

Wolfenstein 3D PSP V6.0

Wolfenstein 3D PSP V6.0 - Floppy Disk Version Patch Files

Wolfenstein 3D PSP V6.0 - Source code

Triklops

Yes..this is really cool..'cept I cant play cuz Wolf3D makes me nauseous..dunno why :p
Just a few glitches though..couldn't hear any sound from my PSP after I quit the prog. so had to restart..maybe the problem lies with the HEN r2..

BenMcLean

I am trying to get this code to compile and have run into problems figuring out how to put in the SVGAlib dependency. Code is here: https://github.com/BenMcLean/Wolf3D-PSP

It is my ambition to eventually port Super 3D Noah's Ark to the PSP based on this code. Any help in just getting Wolf3D to compile would be much appreciated.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I am trying to get this code to compile and have run into problems figuring out how to put in the SVGAlib dependency. Code is here: https://github.com/BenMcLean/Wolf3D-PSP

It is my ambition to eventually port Super 3D Noah's Ark to the PSP based on this code. Any help in just getting Wolf3D to compile would be much appreciated.

Wow this is the king of necroposts!

In any case, anyone who was a developer here once is already gone. I would advise you to drop by the wololo.net forums and asking there, they have people from the PSP scene days there who are probably willing to help. Just be patient since the replies may take a while to show up.

BenMcLean

I actually did manage to get in touch with Chilly Willy, one of the developers of this port, by posting messages like that on several forums yesterday. But thanks: I'll make sure to post on wololo the next time I'm trying to find somebody :)