• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Xplora v1.6

J

jx233

Xplora

yes.
start a thread called:

[RELEASE] Xplora v2.0+Suggestions

plus, for future updates, add a firmware checker, that if below 2.71, the app wont start; that way there might be less reports of the app crashing from old kernels.

ne0h

Dev
Sorry, but I've not a lot of time to work on Xplora, anyway I'll release it in two weeks with a lot of improvement!
Probably with this release I'll add a firmware check to allow run programm only by the fw greater than 3.90!

Juliet

<p>I can't view .pmf files with this. I copied some videos from Lumines II to my memory stick but whenever I want to watch them with Xplora, the app freezes, forcing me to push the circle button to stop the process if there is any. Additionally, I can't see a PMF Video Player app under Applications menu.</p>
<p>I think the player doesn't support streaming meaning big/long videos can't be opened with it. That makes no difference. It doesn't play any video at all regardless of the size.</p>

ne0h

Dev
Ok, before release a new version I'll try to fix the errors!
Anyway I've just finished to add a new exception handler, it can help me to resolve future bugs, and if a exception was hooked it can reboot Xplora without shutdown the PSP!
Very simple but very useful!
And another question, have you tryed to play this video with another Video Player?
Anyway when you press X on it, the PMF player read and play it, and at the end of the video you have to exit with circle, because the PMF player on Xplora 1.6 doesn't can reset the video mode, so I have to reboot Xplora!
I'll fix this problem with the next releases!
Please, try to play the gameboot!
Access to the flash0 from Xplora, go to the vsh\resource directory and play the file called gameboot.pmf!
The PMF Player have to play it with no problem!

J

jx233

Sp what about the next Xplora?

my xplora freezes up when renaming files. :(

Starkadh

@ne0h

Excellent update, noticed a issue when opening a compressed file. (*.zip) The first time I open the file it uncompresses just fine, if I try to open another compressed file it generates an error. I then have to shut down the app and restart it to open another one. I thought at first it was a corrupted file, but after restarting the app and trying again it works. So it appears to be happening only on the second attempt to open a file.

I'm running it on a PSP 2001 with 4.01m33-2

Stark

ne0h

Dev
Thanks, I'll fix this error!
Anyway, I've a lot todo before release a new version, something like 2 weeks!

dennis96411

Hey, does having to much homebrew make the organizer not work? Cause I have, uh.... About 70, and everytime I try to use the organizer, the PSP gets stuck and shuts down. Can you fix that bug?

BeNnY

Awesome job!
Love it!

ne0h

Dev
dennis96411, now the Homebrew Sorter use a lot of memory, and the free ram in the FAT when Xplora is loaded is very small...
Anyway I'll improve the homebrew sorter for the next release, for use less ram and show the programs icons ( maybe with the correct name ), and not only the directory name!

Starkadh

@ne0h

Keep having a problem with 1.6 and the handling of compressed files. It appears to uncompress a zip file the first time after the app is started. But when attempting to uncompress a second compressed file, it generates a error. If I stop the application and then restart it, it will decompress the same file it generated an error with.

Have it loaded on a PSP Slim and 4.01m33-2 CFW.

BeNnY

*Suggestion*
Add more icons for files...
They don't have to be opened but just to make it look a bit better...
Good luck! ;p

kerubin

Thank you very much for the release but can i request for upload in other web, because for my region here, i can't download from rapidshare.
Thanks in advance.

ne0h

Dev
The programm was posted everywhere, sure you can find a megaupload link!
Anyway, I think that I can't post links of another psp forum, so a little search with google can help you to find what you want!
Sorry!

ne0h

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
kool