• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Remotejoy on Vista 64bit

SchmilK

Even though everyone here probably hates the vista..i LOVE the vista 64, and until today using remote joy on it was a bit of a pain in the arse.

Because Vista 64 has increased driver security, I would have to reboot, press F8 to enter boot menu and select Disable Signed Driver Requirement because the usbhost driver is not digitally signed :( BUT the psp type b would install successfully and then it would work fine if ran during that session..but it will NEVER work booting straight into windows until now!

Since a signed driver must have a way to be tested during development some research on the windows sdk and driver sdk was done by me and all
But today i busted some ass put on my thinking cap and abused google to find the answer!

So what do we have to do?

First reboot press F8 to enter boot menu and select Disable Signed Driver Requirement

Now that we are in the sandbox so to say we can successfully create and install an unsigned driver, but then replace the file with a signed one.

First we must tell windows we are testing drivers.
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
Prior to RTM, this had fixed the problem, but now that command is not as powerful and only works for one session when in Disable Signed Driver Mode.

Now that we have done that, we must create a certificate.
makecert.exe -$ individual -r -pe -ss "PSP Certificate Store" -n CN="PSP Driver" "PSP Driver.cer"

If that went well, lets install the certificate in the appropriate place
certmgr.exe /add "PSP Driver.cer" /s /r localMachine root

Now that the certificate is installed, lets tell our driver.sys files that that certificate is to be used
signtool.exe sign /v /s "PSP Certificate Store" /n "PSP Driver" libusb0.sys
signtool.exe sign /v /s "PSP Certificate Store" /n "PSP Driver" libusb0_x64.sys

As long as there is not an error we can verify the link between driver file and certificate.
signtool.exe verify /pa /v libusb0.sys
signtool.exe verify /pa /v libusb0_x64.sys

Code:
C:\Users\SchmilK\Desktop\PSP_TypeB_drivers_0.1.12.1\Test>signtool.exe verify /pa /v libusb0.sys 
Verifying: libusb0.sys SHA1 hash of file: 3993BBE75F9FC1A895FC0842F6B65D3745B59ACB 
Signing Certificate Chain: Issued to: PSP Type B Issued by: PSP Type B 
Expires: 12/31/2039 6:59:59 PM 
SHA1 hash: 4A899509FE373D5A764D60AAA3B858C622ACF4B4 
File is not timestamped. Successfully verified

WOOHOO..we just signed a driver with a temporary certificate that will expire in 2034 or so :p

Now if you have already installed the usbhost drivers rename libusb0_x64.sys to libusb0.sys and overwrite the file in c:\windows\system32\drivers and reboot to test it out.

If you have never installed the USBhost PSP Type B driver then copy both the libusb0.sys and libusb0_x64.sys to the folder with the usbhost drivers and overwrite the old ones, connect your psp via usb, enable remotejoy/remotejoylite and tell windows that you want to choose the driver for this device and point to your usb drivers folder at this time. Test by starting remotejoylite.exe and see if you have a display!

Once it is all done you can reboot and try again in regular mode. If it works, pat your self on the back for following directions real well :D

If you fell you have screwed up and want to restart, Uninstall the PSP Type B while it is connected in device manager, delete the libusb0.sys from c:\windows\system32 and remove the PSP Certificate Store in your registry here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates

All the above .exe utilities can be found by googling them for the proper sdk downloads. I don't know what the redistribution rules are on them, so I just gave you how to use it. :)

Hollar back and let me know if you are using remotejoy and vista64

p.s. video capture is PERFECT and everything is SOOO much faster in remotejoylite 0.15 and vista 64bit!

Save this as a batch file for easy file creation :)
Code:
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
if exist libusb0.sys copy /y libusb0.sys libusb0.orig
if exist libusb0_x64.sys copy /y libusb0_x64.sys libusb0_x64.orig
makecert.exe -$ individual -r -pe -ss "PSP Certificate Store" -n  CN="PSP Driver" "PSP Driver.cer"
pause
certmgr.exe /add "PSP Driver.cer" /s /r localMachine root
pause
signtool.exe sign /v /s "PSP Certificate Store" /n "PSP Driver" libusb0.sys
signtool.exe sign /v /s "PSP Certificate Store" /n "PSP Driver" libusb0_x64.sys
pause
signtool.exe verify /pa /v libusb0.sys
signtool.exe verify /pa /v libusb0_x64.sys
pause
echo Now copy your files
pause

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2uqignhm3ag

Download and extract that.

Make sure you reboot and press F8 then select DISABLE SIGNED DRIVER REQUIREMENT!

After reboot, double click 1 - Create and install certificate and modify sys file.bat and it will create a certificate, install it, and leave libusb0.sys and libus0_x64.sys.

If you have already installed and have remote joy working then just delete libusb0.sys and rename libusb0_x64.sys to libusb0.sys and copy that file to c:\windows\system32\drivers and overwrite the current.

If you havent installed the drivers, copy BOTH .sys files into Original usbhostfs_pc+drivers_x64 and replace. Then enable remotejoy on psp, and when asked for drivers point it to the above mentioned folder. Now test your remote joy. If it works, reboot and it should work in normal operating windows. :)

SchmilK

makecert.exe certmgr.exe signtool.exe are not included with windows and need to be downloaded from the windows driver sdk and maybe also windows softwrae sdk..I dont know i downloaded ALOT of different things today trying to figure out what to do.

If an admin says its ok, I will upload those few files to save you the trouble along with a batch file that runs all the commands for you and leaves the 2 modified .sys files to be used.

B2K24

Thank you SchmilK for the information.
If you hate doing the F8 thing after every reboot you can install the program ReadyDriver Plus. But 1 thing if you grabbed critical updates from microsoft an update breaks that software. So your only option is a reformat then don't grab any of the "critical security" updates. Then you can run whatever the hell you want including PeerGuardian A must have in my book. "pg2-rc1-test2-2"

Glad your posting here SchmilK, maybe the XMB section will be more active :)
Im very appreciative of your work as your themes are always on my PSP.
Thanks for sharing the information of your experiences.

SchmilK

Thank you SchmilK for the information.
If you hate doing the F8 thing after every reboot you can install the program ReadyDriver Plus. But 1 thing if you grabbed critical updates from microsoft an update breaks that software. So your only option is a reformat then don't grab any of the "critical security" updates. Then you can run whatever the hell you want including PeerGuardian A must have in my book. "pg2-rc1-test2-2"

Glad your posting here SchmilK, maybe the XMB section will be more active :)
Im very appreciative of your work as your themes are always on my PSP.
Thanks for sharing the information of your experiences.

I dont know what happened to my account here so i created a new one a little while ago.

I have tried Ready Drive, i have tried Atsiv i have tried numerous bcdedit commands. NOTHING works anymore because microsoft keeps removing the ability to run an unsigned driver for fear of instability...oh and then they wouldnt get paid a license fee for having it tested and signed :(

Tigran

I'm sure this is a stupid question, as I have been trying to follow this guide, but is there a way someone could just upload their signed drivers?

Also, when I try to run the program, I get errors: SingTool Error: A certificate chain processed but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.