• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resident Evil 2 now WORKING on 3.40 OE

anadriall

Well, after I select the title (Dragon Warrior VII Disc 1 out of 2) it picks the saveid and the gameid... But like, then when I get it on my PSP it shows as corrupt data... This is really odd.. To me at least.. !!!!! By the way when I ripped the disc for some reason it came out as a .NRG file.. Don't know if that'll help at all..

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Well, after I select the title (Dragon Warrior VII Disc 1 out of 2) it picks the saveid and the gameid... But like, then when I get it on my PSP it shows as corrupt data... This is really odd.. To me at least.. !!!!! By the way when I ripped the disc for some reason it came out as a .NRG file.. Don't know if that'll help at all..

.NRG definitely won't work. Make certain its being ripped straight to .bin or .iso

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Okay, FROM the .nrg file I ripped a .bin file which I ripped to a eboot.

that's why, you need to go from the original disc to .bin or .iso

converting from an .nrg never works. Had a couple discs in that format and had to rip them again to .bin from the CD.

Richlando

Does everyone already know that in 371M33 for RE2 you now have to use the game ID for Biohazard 2 Dual Shock Version (J) ?? Wonder why that was changed?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Does everyone already know that in 371M33 for RE2 you now have to use the game ID for Biohazard 2 Dual Shock Version (J) ?? Wonder why that was changed?

I didn't know that. They must've changed the GameID list.

So you have to use SLPS01510 now?

Richlando

If thats the one I referred to..I don't have either with me now..(Icetea etc or RE2)
But with the original fix(slps01222 or whatever it was) you couldn't get past the warning screen(ingame) it would freeze and I had to enable fast disc speed to go past it but when I tried to start a game it would black screen me..I tried the other ID (BioHazard 2 Dual Shock Version (J) and viola!!No problems..

Yeah, it was adressed, but it broke some games too..shadow madness is broke..but CC is fully playable all the way thru. As long as you don't go into the satus screen, said that though..

It does seem, to me at least, that they are either planning to release more games and fixing them beforehand thanks to CFW guinea pigs..or just simply improving the emu..

Mudbone

Originally Posted by RJC4LIFE
it would freeze and I had to enable fast disc speed to go past it but when I tried to start a game it would black screen me

RJC i have the same problem but i do not have the original disc to rip.. is there somewhere i can get a copy of RE2 that will work with 3.71M33?? or is there a way i can convert the eboot that i have?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
RJC i have the same problem but i do not have the original disc to rip.. is there somewhere i can get a copy of RE2 that will work with 3.71M33?? or is there a way i can convert the eboot that i have?

If you open up the EBOOT in PSX2PSP you can change the Save ID without re-ripping.

RJ said the Japanese Game ID works, which is SLPS 01510. Try that.