• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resistance Retribution Heading To PSP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
e3bonn_151.jpg

Sony announced today that Resistance Retribution is in development at Sony Bend -- exclusively for the PSP. Billed as a Syphon Filter-esque third person action-adventure game that bridges the gap between Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2, Retribution utilizes Bend's third generation PSP engine, allowing for highly detailed environments and specular highlights.

Set for release in Spring 2009, the title will feature five multiplayer game modes in addition to an intense single player campaign, including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Containment and Assimilation. Each mode will be fully playable via ad-hoc and even infrastructure, with up to eight players. Furthermore, the game will include a mix of fan-favorite weaponry from the original Resistance and all-new weapons based on Alien/Human technology.

We're keeping our eyes locked on this one. The addition of infrastructure support for multiplayer is fantastic -- it's a feature often neglected in most high-profile PSP releases.

Attachments

• E3Bonn_4.jpg
    E3Bonn_4.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,887
  • E3Bonn_7.jpg
    E3Bonn_7.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 4,812
  • E3Bonn_12.jpg
    E3Bonn_12.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 3,482
  • E3Bonn_15.jpg
    E3Bonn_15.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 3,249

midnitdragoon

i havnt wowed at psp game graphics...ever.....Now im going to say "WOoOOOW" because i didnt think the psp was capable of what i see in those pics!. My god what is holding us from quake 3 and diablo 2 on psp! heh.