• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 RIP PS3 Controller

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
OK

So I updated y PS3 Slim to 3.10. Next day i turn the PS3 on with the controller, it turn on but then the controller keeps flashing to try and connect but fails. I try again but it fails. I try with USB this time but it works (Thank God). I then try wirelessly again but it fails.
Does anyone know why or a solution. How would i restore my controller pairing on the PS3 Slim??

Adiuvo

Do other controllers work?

Dan

Contributor
This happened to my friends controller. Apparently they dropped support for some controllers in the latest update.

He bought it not long before the update too :/

shikamaru

Senior Member ~ Trolololo
Thanks for the support. None of my friends controllers worked. his is a release day Slim 120G with the controller that came WITH the PS3.

Luckily, its not just me and a solution was found.

Solution 1. Plug in via USB and push the pinhole on the back on controller to re-pair the Controller to PS3

Solution 2. Fully unplug the PS3 from cord (there's no off switch, only standby), connect via USB and turn the PS3 on using controller. It now works again.

I opted for solution 2 and IT WORKED

[STRIKE]RIP[/STRIKE] PS3 Controller xD

The Jackal

Zero Punctuation FTW
This happened to my friends controller. Apparently they dropped support for some controllers in the latest update.

He bought it not long before the update too :/

:( evil sods at sony, forcing me to shell out another 30 quid just because it had one different character on the model number :angry:

BlackSheep

Thanks for the support. None of my friends controllers worked. his is a release day Slim 120G with the controller that came WITH the PS3.

Luckily, its not just me and a solution was found.

Solution 1. Plug in via USB and push the pinhole on the back on controller to re-pair the Controller to PS3

Solution 2. Fully unplug the PS3 from cord (there's no off switch, only standby), connect via USB and turn the PS3 on using controller. It now works again.

I opted for solution 2 and IT WORKED

[STRIKE]RIP[/STRIKE] PS3 Controller xD
Solution 1 didnt work for me trying 2. wtf sony!