• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Rock Band 3 Announced!

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Rock Band 3 has been announced! So far, no details have been released other then a holiday 2010 release date. Hopefully more details will arise by the end of GDC.

Source:
GDC 2010: Rock Band 3 Confirmed For Holiday 2010 - G4tv.com

UPDATE: GDC is over and there hasn't been any news from Harmonix. I guess we'll have to wait for E3 to find out more about the game. However, I did find this old interview on IGN interesting as to what we might be expecting from Rock Band 3: Rock Band 3 Won't Be Just a Rhythm Game - Xbox 360 News at IGN

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm pretty sure there will be a graphics upgrade and new music. I think they might also pick up something along the lines of that jukebox mode that they abandoned in Rock Band 2. I also remember a while back that Harmonix expressed interest in a more detailled song maker than in Guitar Hero.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
What could be different in this game I wonder.

I remember reading a while back that the main RB designer wanted to make a game in which the player actually learns how to play guitar while playing the game.

Not sure if that's gonna happen though...

El Diablo

Ugh enough of these games already, they keep making more and more of them with such minor pointless updates. They come out with all these DLC songs, then you buy the next game and all your songs can't be used and you need to rebuy them or buy new ones for the new game. when will enough be enough and they just stop coming out with a new one of these games every year and just stick to DLC and come out with new songs that way.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Booh hoo...I don't care :p

I hate Rock Band / Music games, play one you played them all.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Robby

Los Doyers!
Ugh enough of these games already, they keep making more and more of them with such minor pointless updates. They come out with all these DLC songs, then you buy the next game and all your songs can't be used and you need to rebuy them or buy new ones for the new game. when will enough be enough and they just stop coming out with a new one of these games every year and just stick to DLC and come out with new songs that way.
For Rockband, you can import the songs from the Rockband 1 disc to use in Rockband 2 and I think you can do the same for the DLC for the first Rockband.

So for Rockband, you buy DLC for one game, you get it for the next and the next until they stop including this feature.
So your DLC comment is invalid.

El Diablo

I didn't know Rockband worked like that, I just knew GH you couldn't but still....do they really need to keep coming out with all these new ones every year when next to nothing really changes? (both GH and RB)

TeamOverload

I didn't know Rockband worked like that, I just knew GH you couldn't but still....do they really need to keep coming out with all these new ones every year when next to nothing really changes? (both GH and RB)

Rock Band didn't see a major full title release last year. The Beatles arrived but that was only targeting to a select group of people. I'm excited to see how Rock Band 3 innovates. Harmonix is a talented bunch of people who USUALLY don't just half ass and slop games together, so it should end up being much more impressive than the endless onslaught of Guitar Hero sequels.

Riorio99

Unless they do something majerly new, but don't change the formula too much, then I don't care for this at all.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
:/

I....Am lost for words on how stupid they could be on trying to "have you learn the guitar while playing the game", there's a game, then the guitar. Two TOTALLY different things.

eh no more for me! GH 2, 3 and World Tour is enough for me. the only time I be playing it is drums for now on.

My fingers ach for days playing the guitar and my eyes floating like I'm really high....I never play RB before.