• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RUMOUR] Resident Evil 5 heading to the PC

Lazaarus

away until Feb 7th
f_residentevim_32f978b.png

Since there hasn't been any official word from Capcom as of yet, we'll just have to keep this one classified as a rumor for the time being, however the source looks promising. CD Projekt, developers of The Witcher, have apparently been discussing a PC version of the up coming thriller Resident Evil 5 with Capcom lately, and have revealed in an interview with Polish GRAM TV that a PC version of Resident Evil 5 will definitely be produced in the future. Keep checking the official game site for more word on a PC version of RE5 from Capcom themselves. And by the way, for those who have access to the demo via Xbox LIVE -- the download is well worth the wait if you're looking for a polished Resident Evil that retains some classic gameplay.

The video's broadcast in Polish, but just in case there's somebody out there that would like to view it:

[YT]4Xd2T2MxMM4[/YT]

Source

Colm

I'd trust CD Projekt, after all they've done a lot of distribution work outside Poland (like GOG.com), so it's possible they may have sealed a deal

Joey

Well then it's official... I'm definitely not buying this game.

After playing the demo, I knew there was pretty much no chance I'd get it, but if I can play it free, then I'll run through it until I get tired of it.

I must be the only person who doesn't like RE4 and this. RE4 was so boring to me.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What didn't you like about it? RE4 sucked me in like few games ever have when I first played it. I remember I was house sitting when I was playing it and brought my PS2 over with me and like moved furniture to be centered on the person's TV.

I think this is going to be a very fun coop experience.

Joey

What didn't you like about it? RE4 sucked me in like few games ever have when I first played it. I remember I was house sitting when I was playing it and brought my PS2 over with me and like moved furniture to be centered on the person's TV.

I think this is going to be a very fun coop experience.

It was just boring and repetative. By the time I actually reached a part that presented any challege (I think it was some motherfucker with a chainsaw), I just didn't have enough interest to keep going, so I just stopped.

To be fair, I probably would have pushed my self through it had my PS3 not broken down about week after I reached that part. But that caused me to lose my save, and I just have no interest at all to try and replay it.

I don't know, I guess after playing games like Gears of War, and, hell, even Mass Effect, the combat just feels too primitive. It feels like you're playing an up-resed PS1. I mean, Mass Effect's combat is mostly shit, but it's far more interesting than RE4's.

Add in the fact that the story is a joke, and I just don't see any redeeming value it has. Shitty gameplay in horror games can usually be forgiven if the game is scarry, but RE4 is about as scarry as Doom 3. Hell, Fallout 3 had more scarry moments than RE4 did, if you ask me.

With that said, Co-op makes even shitty games worth tolerating, so I may still end up renting it just so I can play online. I'm definitely not putting up $60, I can tell you that right now.