• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sad because your Jailbreak won't let you go online?

Darkchild

The Doctor
We all know sony just rolled in an update for 3.42, which disables completelly the PSJailbreak or any sort of exploit derived from such.

Unless you update, sony won't let you login to PSN. So.. What can you do?

Haha solution is quite simple! just use a proxy server!

download the attached tool, use the IP and Port shown, and let it take care of the rest.

UPDATE: Also, use this as your DNS just to be sure : 67.202.81.137

Source : PSX-SCENE

Attachments

• LG5tool.zip
    61.5 KB · Views: 127

Spiros

Maiki
I thought Sony blocked this back when people were using it to stay on 3.15(for Geohots exploit) and use PSN?

Dan

Contributor
Doesn't work for me, they must have patched it (like Spiros said) post-geohot.

I remember changing my DNS settings to something which allowed me to log in, I'm not sure what to though...

Darkchild

The Doctor
Doesn't work for me, they must have patched it (like Spiros said) post-geohot.

I remember changing my DNS settings to something which allowed me to log in, I'm not sure what to though...

that's odd..its still working for me D:

set your ps3 to use this as a DNS : 67.202.81.137

keyblayder

I can confirm that this one is working.I don't know why other users have problems i can sign in PSN and play Red Dead Redemption or Modern Warfare 2 online without any problem.

Hellcat

Contributor
For a short time after rolling out a new update the Proxy trick works - if this for technical reasons (servers not up to date yet) or intentionally.... no one knows.

But be asured: it'll eventually stop working.

And "sad" about it?
Well, everything has a price.... pirate games or go online.... your choice.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I have no idea how in the blue hell this patch works, I wanna play online so I'll just have to update :(

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Wtf... It works now... Oh well xD can't complain :p

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
sweet, glad to see its working for the time being. im hoping to get some red dead redemption time in when i get off work :D

~edit~
well, i just got home and tried it a few times, both with the dns set autmoatically and with the dns Darkchild provided, and it isnt working for me. it gets to the end and obtains my ip address & internet connection, then it tells me i need to update. i checked the firmware update box, enabled the proxy server & entered my ip address correctly. does anyone have any other suggestions?

~edit #2~
nevermind, i solved the problem. problem was i wasnt supposed to check the "firmware update" box, even though the instructions said "click on the frimware update box so its checked". anyway, its working fine now with the dns Darkchild provided. thanks again!

~edit #3~
i spoke too soon. everytime i start a game and try to play online it kicks me off the psn. oh well, looks like im updating :argh:

Darkchild

The Doctor
sweet, glad to see its working for the time being. im hoping to get some red dead redemption time in when i get off work :D

~edit~
well, i just got home and tried it a few times, both with the dns set autmoatically and with the dns Darkchild provided, and it isnt working for me. it gets to the end and obtains my ip address & internet connection, then it tells me i need to update. i checked the firmware update box, enabled the proxy server & entered my ip address correctly. does anyone have any other suggestions?

~edit #2~
nevermind, i solved the problem. problem was i wasnt supposed to check the "firmware update" box, even though the instructions said "click on the frimware update box so its checked". anyway, its working fine now with the dns Darkchild provided. thanks again!

~edit #3~
i spoke too soon. everytime i start a game and try to play online it kicks me off the psn. oh well, looks like im updating :argh:

try restarting logan's tool

Not working for me (3.15)

Does it give you an error?
Have you used Both the Tool AND the DNS? (Note, you have to use that DNS and ONLY that DNS)

Hellcat

Contributor
For 3.15 the Proxy trick isn't working anymore for ages, no reason to keep trying.
Only for 3.41 (and MAYBE 3.40) it'll continue working for a short time untill PSN servers have catched up.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Does it give you an error?
Have you used Both the Tool AND the DNS? (Note, you have to use that DNS and ONLY that DNS)

I tried both methods, still getting error 8002A212 from when they were first blocked (but browser, and updating games still work, just can't sign in or play ModNation Racers)

Richlando

Been playing Red Dead Redemption online all evening and only using the DNS. When I first got on I got a DNS error message, switched users and signed in right away. No problems since.

rileysnotz

Finally worked for me. Played Battlefield Bad Company 2 online without any problems. Don't know why I couldn't before.