• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Saints Row 2

Ciaran

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=259566

sspreviewsr3jpgca9.jpg

Played a couple of hours of this so far and I'm loving it. It feels like the game GTA4 should of been with a focus on making the game fun rather than going for realism and great story telling.

Nevada

I wont get to mess with it until the PC version is released, my 360 isn't due back from being repaired for another 2 weeks :(, looks a whole lot more fun than GTA4 though, i actually gave up on gta4 the very next day after buying it -_-

Serideth

Despite my initial reaction of OH MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME with GTA4 it really just didn't last the test of time. I really didn't like the first Saints Row, I think I played it for 4 hours then quit so I hope this one will be beter, it looks like it's come a long way though.

twelve

I'm not dead
Nevada said:
I wont get to mess with it until the PC version is released, my 360 isn't due back from being repaired for another 2 weeks :(, looks a whole lot more fun than GTA4 though, i actually gave up on gta4 the very next day after buying it -_-
Not got a PS3 anymore then?

It's out next Friday.

twelve

I'm not dead
[PS3][X360]Saints Row 2

So it's come out over here today, it's got fairly good reviews across the board.

Just want to know what other people think of it. After the disapointment that was GTA4 I could do with a fun game.

I really want this game but I'll have to wait on it. I really liked the first one. I could play it for hours lol.

This game will just have to wait as I am buying some even more appealing games this weekend.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
There's too many fucking games that have caught my eye coming out between now and X-Mas, this being one of them. (Games that require a lot of your time, etc.)

eldiablov

Contributor
I saw saints row 2 tonight in Tesco and was so tempted to buy it. However, against my better judgement I didnt. I dont know why :/

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Saints Row 2 is really fun i just havent got round to playing it, theres far to much to play at the moment its impossible to stick to one.

Savagefreak

$ ./savage.sh
I got it yesterday and I can already tell you that I find this game more fun then GTA IV.
I really dislike the cheat system tho.
You have to push start, to your mobile, cheats and then click the category and THEN the cheat.
Fun thing is that if you activate a cheat, the menu goes away.
So you have to go trough the hassle AGAIN.
But the rest is very nice.
I love the character creation, too.

NYYFAN

I don't understand why everyone hated GTA 4 so much. Sure it did not have much to do after beating it and the missions did get kind of repetitive but it was from being as bad as some make it out to be. Maybe not the perfect 10 it got from most sites, but it was a solid title worth playing imo. I guess my expectations were not as high as some peoples.

I may pick this up eventually. Never played the first but I am a sucker for these types of games.

Ciaran

NYYFAN said:
I don't understand why everyone hated GTA 4 so much. Sure it did not have much to do after beating it and the missions did get kind of repetitive but it was from being as bad as some make it out to be. Maybe not the perfect 10 it got from most sites, but it was a solid title worth playing imo. I guess my expectations were not as high as some peoples.
GTA was an amazing game but it wasn't what people want from GTA. I think thats what disappointed people so much.

mrray2012

Saints Row (the first one) was way better than GTA4 to me because to me GTA4 was too stuck on bing realistic. I'm dying to play Saints Row 2.

twelve

I'm not dead
GTA4 was a great game but R* focused on reality too much. The story was great but once it was done the fun was left out. I never spent time driving around just for the hell of it like in past games. I couldn't even get into multiplayer.

I've only held onto it in the hopes that the rumoured Trophy patch actually shows up.

-Alex-

I have SR2, got a lad from work to buy it me, pretty awesome tbh, plenty of quirky features like cruise control modifing bikes ect.