• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

SEO for MFM?

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
I know vbseo is expensive to buy and you guys wouldnt use a nulled version but an seo is really a good idea to get your site better ranked on google/yahoo.

There is also some free versions on vb.org which are just as good as vbseo but just lake some of the features it has.

Im not saying you guys should imply the mod but its worth thinking about to get the site a bit more traffic and better google/yahoo listings.

I also think theres an seo for wordpress so you could get both the forum and fronpage better listings.

Im sure its something worth discussing :)

EDIT:
Free seo options:
vBulletin:
Zoints SEO 2.3.2
Yabbseo

WordPress:
AIO SEO
HeadSpace 2

Some perhaps to think about.

eighty4

It's better to build your community up on it's own rather than using things liek SEO. They bring more bots and spammers to this site, which we don't need. We'd rather have a name for ourselves and be known that way.

Hardrive

Contributor
I've also heard that SEO used to help on search engines, but nowadays, it doesn't help much at all.

I'm with eighty4, we'd rather build our community the right way

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I've also heard that SEO used to help on search engines, but nowadays, it doesn't help much at all.

I'm with eighty4, we'd rather build our community the right way

Indeed, it really doesn't help much at all, in my experiences with Zoints and various free components of vbseo(sitemap).