• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Should I wait for the slim or a price drop?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I finally have enough Sony points for a free PS3 but I'm not sure if I should wait for the rumoured slim to come out...

I need some opinions other then my friends pestering me to go and buy it with Killzone 2 right now.

My main use for it would be Blu-Ray (as it's only 50$ more then any other player) and Killzone/inFAMOUS (whichever I decide to get out of the two).

twelve

I'm not dead
Well seeing as neither a price drop or the slimline have been announced (both rumours at the moment) I would say if you want a PS3 just get a PS3.

Adiuvo

Yeah, just go ahead and buy one. If they do come out, it'll be in the fall, and that's not exactly close by.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wait if your buying this with Sony points what does it matter if there a price drop? Also if they do sell a slim ps3 then it be a while before you can buy from the sony points store anyhow. It took a while for them to change from psp 2000 to psp 3000.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Wait if your buying this with Sony points what does it matter if there a price drop? Also if they do sell a slim ps3 then it be a while before you can buy from the sony points store anyhow. It took a while for them to change from psp 2000 to psp 3000.

If there's a price drop, I use less points (100 points=1 Dollar at the sony store)

Sliderkk

If its free wtf are you waiting for?

Yeah it may cost less points but what else would you spend the points on, headphones?

Sliderkk

You'll probably have enough points to buy 3 PS3s like the guy in this video by the time the slim comes out. The PS3 is supposed to be a 10 year console.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Wow...that's one way to do it when you have friends willing to lend you their PS3s lol.