• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Sign a homebrew for me

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Hello

I own a PSP Slim, specifically the model with the TA-088v3 motherboard.
I rely on loading my games from the memory card, but the ChickHEN process really is a pain.
With the newest (seriously groundbreaking) methods on signing homebrew, I was thinking it would be possible to sign the GEN-C loader, or yet better sign Recovery Flasher and load ANY homebrew no matter if its signed or not.

I've tried signing all the above myself using both the PC and PSP version but they all end up erroring out.

Would ANYONE care to help me sign either of the above homebrews? Any homebrew loading homebrew really, or Recovery Flasher (or the GEN-C loader).

Thanks in advance :)

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
THANK YOU! Seriously, THANKS! I'm so damn tired of chickhen, sometimes it works relatively fast (after 1-5 tries) but then there are those times when you just wont get it working for DAYS!

phoenixv5

Just the kinda thing I'm looking for too.
Well, not really looking for, but very usefull.............
No risks I hope, right?

Edit: I was referring to the 5.03 chicHEN R2 signed version. Already saw the signed 6.35 PRO on wololo's blog

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Ok, so I've been using the kxploit that was linked to in the first reply to this thread. It's REALLY (really really really) unstable. It crashes when resuming from sleep mode and entering a XMB item (sometimes) and like 9/10 times when first running the exploit and attempting to open an item in the XMB.

Are there no alternatives? It's really on the verge of unusable =/

phoenixv5

Really?
AFAIK it's just long starting time............
No problems so far as it directly (somehow) boots to gen-c

phoenixv5

The only two things I don't like about this release is the long loading time (any idea why) and the eboot picture (any way I can change it to something else?)

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
The only two things I don't like about this release is the long loading time (any idea why) and the eboot picture (any way I can change it to something else?)
Put it in the directory for Go Messenger instead, and when you open Go Messenger it'll load the HEN instead.
Put the EBOOT in ms0:/PSP/APP/ULES00856 to do this.

5.50 and newer doesn't have Go Messenger, so you can use Comic Reader (if you're on 6.0 (I think) or newer) or SensMe.
Comic Reader: /APP/NPEG00012/EBOOT.PBP
SensMe: /APP/NPIA00013/EBOOT.PBP

Edit: Download PBP Extractor and you can rebuild the EBOOT with a preview icon and loading name of your own choice.

phoenixv5

Will that mess up the encryption of the Eboot or something?

Edit: Do you mean psp unpacker?

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Well, neither. Not PSP unpacker, and not PBP Extractor.
PBP Unpacker is the correct term, lol.

And no, it shouldn't mess up the encryption. If it does, just use the original version of the EBOOT. (The only thing encrypted is the DATA.PSP I believe.)

phoenixv5

Thanks for that.
And my bad, a typo (you have no idea how many times I pressed backspace today when typing pbp unpacker Lolz)...

I did use original data.psp files.
Now gonna try them!

phoenixv5

How goes the attempt to sign PSPIdent?
Is it possible? I kinda wanted that.... To test if a PSP 3000 is 04g or 03g and some other stuff.
So?

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Tried signing it. It started up fine but it didn't work properly. Picture of error message: http://i.imgur.com/kSATC.png

Edit: Firmware 6.37 OFW, also tried on 5.00 M33-4 (freshly flashed, downgrading to get back to 6.35).
Tested the unsigned untouched version on 6.35 with HEN PRO which worked fine.

I'll try signing the PSP tool instead. Not sure if it can spot the difference between 3000 03g and 04g though. (I don't know either, so please do explain :))

phoenixv5

But an older version of PSPIdent works from HBL right?
So that didn't require kernel mode access!
So why now?

Edit: I'm gonna try too....
Another Edit: How do I use PRXEncryptor again? (what do I do with the data.psp I get when I drag-drop the file into exe)

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
Use PSPcrypt 2.0 instead. It's a lot more convenient. It's a signed homebrew. Place the EBOOT.PBP in the /sign/ folder and let it do the magic. (it'll re-pack the homebrew too, into a EBOOT_signed.PBP)

But I don't think it'll make any difference. If you can link me to the version that worked with HBL I'll see what I can do.

Rubr1K

Ghettosmurf
I think this is what you're looking for: http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/psp-homebrew-psp-module-checker-v10.html
Such a shame they had to limit it to only telling 03g, 04g etc instead of stating motherboard version, psp model (for the heck of it) and such.
It's signed btw. But please, in return for my awesomeness of finding you this, do explain what the difference between the difference XXg's are, for instance the PSP 3000's 03g and 04g. I never quite understood that =/