• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sign at FYE Shows PS3 Price Drop

Seth

MD Party Room
picture.php

PS3 Price Drop Signage at FYE - Cheap Ass Gamer - Cheap Video Game Shopping, Video Game Sales and Video Game Deals: CAG

Cryox

Bro.
Wow, I didn't expect that until the slim came out. Definitely good news.

probably so that the stores can get rid of the phat ps3's. It should work seeing as most of the general public doesn't know about the slim ps3.

Just my thought though.

Cryox

Bro.
Is this just the store price or sony's doing?

The sign does say regular price - $xxx.xx so i would think that that means that it is store only. No way to know without official confirmation or more stores doing it.

A $100 price drop for store only is pretty extreme. Maybe $25, at most.

who knows, maybe they're not selling to well there. [STRIKE]Also I've been trying to see if they have that price listed on their website, but I cant find a ps3 console for my life.[/STRIKE]

seems like the only console they have listed online is a 40gb for $399.99

EDIT:
Kmart.com: "New Low Price, New Exciting PlayStation 3" - PS3 Slim - Kotaku

Proof Kmart is hosting the image:
http://c.kmart.com/081320/ue/home/Kmart-HP_081809_liq_SL1.jpg

However, as kotaku points out, it is spelled out "Playstation" as opposed to "PlayStation", but who knows, that could have just been a simple mistake made by some computer graphics guy who isn't too into the whole video game thing.

See for yourself here: Generic Application Error Test JSP (Item)