• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Simple guide to make a pandora set

biro

The one behind second 5.03 exploit
Before you start reading,if the psp you want to downgrade is a slim then this guide wont help you and if you tried it will end up with a brick :sneaky2:

Are you a PSP homebrew newbie and found the guides here a bit complicated(though they are very helpful if you understand them) so here is a guide on how to make a pandora set including a magic MS with 1.50 data and a pandora battery.
Requirments:
1)a psp running a custom firmware(Must be 3.xx OE or m33 at least otherwise you have to upgrade that psp before starting)
2)1 original psp battery
3)A psp charger
4)Some good luck :smile:

-First of all Format the Memory stick(format it with the psp running custom firmware) that you want to change it into a magic memory card,to do so go to settings from the XMB then system settings then format memory stick then shutdown the system.

-Reboot the system(one that is running custom firmware) While holding the R button and check that game folder is set to 3.xx kernel then select exit

-Download Hellcat's pandora program then extract the folder using Winrar(winzip MAY corrupt the folder) and copy the folder called pan3xx(through USB cable,to the formated MS) to X:/PSP/GAME(where x stand for the letter of the psp drive)

-WARNING:THIS STEP WILL DELETE ALL DATA,BACK UP ALL YOUR DATA BEFORE IT:Run the program and press R+X then R+L+X then exit the program(press triangle to do so) and reboot the system

-Connect the psp with the psp and create folder PSP and inside it create game(Coz all folders are now wiped)

-Download the 1.50 update and copy it to the root of the memory stick(i.e not inside any folder)

-Rename the 150.pbp file(that you have just copied) to UPDATE.pbp

-Recopy the folder pan3xx to X:/PSP/GAME(it should be wiped after the MS formatting)

-Run the program,Press X And when asked to press L+X do so then Exit the program

-Reboot the system

-Run the program again and press O to convert the battery to a pandora

-Exit the program

Now you have a magic MS and a Pandora battery,insert them in the PSP which is running a official firmware,the system will automatically boot up press X to begin the installation and X when finished the installation.

Now this system is downgraded to 1.50 which through it you can upgrade to any custom firmware you like :smile: :biggrin: :laugh: 8)

biro

What do you think of my guide?
Can any moderator set it as a sticky?

aet92

The New one
nice guide but it is only a slim and lite version of (using the universal unbricker) but rep+ anyways!

biro

title says "simple"

XsavioR

Not to bad man, Perhaps a bit redundant to make a guide for an easy installer. But I didnt see any issues glancing over it. Everybody has to start some where. Keep up the good work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nice guide, but should be noted that firmware 1.5 cannot be installed on a Slim.

XsavioR

I Really should buy a slim so i can know the slim specific stuff. Kinda tired of being afraid to open my mouth (lol)

dennis96411

Just got a slim today! Whoo hoo!!

biro

Nice guide, but should be noted that firmware 1.5 cannot be installed on a Slim.

i am now on my psp,i will edit ASAP w/my pc

i edited it!

please make it a sticky!

This may not work with psp-3000 !!

add + rep plz

biro

srry

Alex

i am now on my psp,i will edit ASAP w/my pc

i edited it!

please make it a sticky!

This may not work with psp-3000 !!

add + rep plz

150 wont install on a slim or 3000

this wont work on a 3000 cause pandora doesnt boot.