• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Songs that make you cry/stunned

EvilSeph

Administrator
While posting names of songs or videos of songs is cool and all, can we try and have a bit more discussion than this? I'd personally be interested in knowing *why* the songs you list make it to this list and not just what they are.

Serideth

While posting names of songs or videos of songs is cool and all, can we try and have a bit more discussion than this? I'd personally be interested in knowing *why* the songs you list make it to this list and not just what they are.

Valid point.

Well one of my top emotional songs would be Roxette - It must of been love. It's a classic 80's love song, I'm sure most of you have heard it, maybe not the younger members but it's pretty well known.

The song is just so powerful, it's slow in tempo and every lyric seems to hit me like bullets. The most powerful verse to me is:

Make believing we're together
That I'm sheltered by your heart
But in and outside I turn to water
Like a teardrop in your palm

If anyone has lost, or current loves someone so much and has ever thought of breaking up then they will know what this feels like, denial, lost, all the things you feel, call me soppy but I really can't think of anything like it.

If you haven't heard it please give it a try, it's not exactly what some of you may think of as hip or cool, but if you can't appreciate it for what it is then I feel sad for you.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
motherfucker!

But why does that song make you cry or stunned? Maybe stunned by how awesome it is haha

Stunned man. :scared:

Kezia is just stunning.

Moose

Meta Moose
If anyone has lost, or current loves someone so much and has ever thought of breaking up then they will know what this feels like, denial, lost, all the things you feel, call me soppy but I really can't think of anything like it.
I know exactly what you mean... that gut feeling that if something went wrong you know you wouldn't be able to handle it properly.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Stunned man. :scared:

Kezia is just stunning.

True true, I'd say other than Blindfolds Aside, Turn Soonest To The Sea is a pretty incredible song that makes me stunned... and then Bury The Hatchet makes me want to beat the shit out of something haha

This is'nt a song that makes me cry or stunned, but Composure by August Burns Red makes me have new hope when I listen to it

cowsruledaworld

Okay, before you spit venom at me, I am usually not a girly girl who is in love with love songs, but there are some which just makes me melt to butter. And for those people who know me, no i do not just listen to crazy electro/indie/rock/techno all day long. I do need some time to unwind.

K here is the short list.

La Ritournelle -Sebastien Tellier
Look- Sebastien Tellier
Basically anything from Sebastien tellier
Mad World -Gary Jules
About Her from Kill Bill 2 Soundtrack ( amaaazing song)
Reckoner-Radiohead
Funeral- Band of Horses

LocutusEstBorg

Bob Dylan - I Threw It All Away
Reason: Truth

Pink Floyd - Marooned
Reason: Makes me dream and its really peaceful and takes you away

Pink Floyd - Dogs
Reason: Gilmour's guitar at 3:20 is just mind blowing and powerful. Induces a mix of emotions.

Riorio99

These two make me cry.

Lullaby For You - TWEWY soundtrack
Simple And Clean - Kingdom Hearts Soundtrack

The lyrics and content of this song shocked me the first few times, but it's just a great song. Youtube it, seriously.

Cop Killer - Body Count

Chathurga

Neil Young - Old Man

Just a really sad sad song with some of my favourites lyrics in it, it's an incredibly awesome song.

[YT]rWovzUEe4l8[/YT]

Bob Dylan - I Threw It All Away
Reason: Truth

Pink Floyd - Marooned
Reason: Makes me dream and its really peaceful and takes you away

Pink Floyd - Dogs
Reason: Gilmour's guitar at 3:20 is just mind blowing and powerful. Induces a mix of emotions.

I think I love you :love:
I'd add Comfortably Numb (obviously) live off Pulse, the extended guitar solo at the end makes me shiver it's that good. Also Echoes off Meddle, it has this amazing vast feeling to it that I love. Plus the start reminds me of the music from Chrono Trigger :p

Try this for stun.

Immortal Technique - Dance with the Devil
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo&fm=18[/YT]

Yeeeeeeeah, after I heard that song for the first time I couldn't get it out of my head for ages. Powerful.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.