• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony Believes OtherOS Plaintiffs Involved In 'Hacking Conspiracy,' Wants To Inspect Hard Drives

rianchio23

Wow have you not been following all of this and reading all the legal documents? If u don't know the crimes committed by Sony u shouldn't be commenting on the subject. Did u not hear about LG sueing Sony or our military sueing Sony over other OS removal? Educate yourselves to what's going on in the world or go back to your hole

rianchio23

how would you like to be sold a house that was marketed as having a pool just to have the person who sold u the house come fill the pool with dirt/cement and tell u oh well fuck you I can do what I want. sound crazy? well Sony did that by removing other OS. they said it was for security issues now they changed their mind saying it was to save $. fucking liars changing their story....

Adiuvo

Wow have you not been following all of this and reading all the legal documents? If u don't know the crimes committed by Sony u shouldn't be commenting on the subject. Did u not hear about LG sueing Sony or our military sueing Sony over other OS removal? Educate yourselves to what's going on in the world or go back to your hole

Oh dear. Don't try to pull that crap, it doesn't work on anyone here.

I asked you a question, now put up or shut up. If you can't then you're the one, not me, who doesn't know what they're talking about. Burden of proof falls on the one making the claim, and in this case that's you. The 'legal documents' are also tens of pages long and there are multiple, filled with legalese which is kind of a given. I very much doubt you read them especially considering you don't even have the patience to type 'you' properly instead of 'u.'

As for them removing OtherOS, I'd consider that a stupid response to an issue. It's certainly not a crime. I also find it funny about how you think the existence of a suit proves a crime as been committed. Companies sue each other all the time.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Having bought a house before, you would just contact your attorney and the sellers would be responsible for the fees associated with fixing the pool. (I had to do something similar to get money after a massive leak happened two days after I moved into my place. The sellers paid about 2k to cover the damages.)

What people are commenting on are the defense strategy that the Sony legal team is using. You're calling them crimes, but this is not a criminal case, it's a civil one. There's a very distict difference between the two, as I'm sure you're aware.

Also, if you can't comment or discuss this subject without throwing insults, you'll be removed from the discussion entirely.

Edit - Adiuvo snuck in before me. Stupid slow iPhone typing.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
How is Sony lying and what crime have they committed?

Also no, the black guy wouldn't go to prison for life, nor would he probably even go to jail depending on his record.
Well with the GeoHot case they want to claim that he has a PSN account, which is fair, but at first they were saying he was Geo1Hotz with no proof other than the names are similar, then they claim he is blickmaniac with the proof that the serial numbers matched GeoHotz and the same username posted a thread about a jailbroken iPhone, which is logical, except they left out; that it was a previously used console, the IP address wasn't even near New Jersey, and the jailbroken iPhone thread was about where to buy a jailbroken iPhone.

The 117-main.pdf is a pretty good read on the type of stuff SCEA is trying to pull a fast one for, and this is just for jurisdiction. I can't wait to see what happens when the case actually begins.

AcheNone

Every company has some dirt. I just hope Sony does some better crap before doing more stupid stuff like shutting down the wrong people. Really, the way they are going, the number of hackers trying to tinker the PSN/PS3 in more and more consumer damaging ways is just getting smaller, cause it's just going to get tougher to break through the security.