• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Sony Kept Price Range In Mind When Designing NGP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ngp4.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment president Shuhei Yoshida has told Edge Magazine that that company remained conservative on adding features to NGP, noting that it had a set price range in mind from very beginning. As a result, a number of 'cool' elements were set aside in the conceptualization stage to meet this price goal, a lesson Sony says it learned from the PS3 launch.
I can't talk about a definitive price at this stage[...]

Continue reading: Sony Kept Price Range In Mind When Designing NGP...

Dan

Contributor
I read somewhere earlier today that they've dropped numerous features from the NGP now, also learning from the PS3.

Sleeet

Well, I still wonder just how "affordable" the device is going to be. The definition of that word has changed over the last few years. So the real question is if Sony has been compromising based on that change.
I'd still like to know what they dropped though.

elite

Oldie moldie
It was rumored and a screenshot from gamestop was taken claiming that the NGP price is $299.

Juliet

Probably they decided not to put a decent camera to the system. I was waiting for a built-in one after the 1.3M PSP peripheral and Sony making its own lenses but it's omitted. Maybe they'll throw a HD cam as a peripheral.

Spiros

Maiki
Probably they decided not to put a decent camera to the system. I was waiting for a built-in one after the 1.3M PSP peripheral and Sony making its own lenses but it's omitted. Maybe they'll throw a HD cam as a peripheral.

That wouldn't matter to me, the reason I want this is because I want a dedicated gaming handheld, I'll have my iPhone for almost everything else.

Nader

Why would people get the PSP Phone(s) when they can have this? Or maybe this will be the final PSP that's not a phone?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I read somewhere earlier today that they've dropped numerous features from the NGP now, also learning from the PS3.

I heard they plan to separately remove the ability for the analog sticks to work in 2 different updates.

MenaceInc

Staff Member

That was an angle I never thought of. Very possible that they did omit a camera for this exact reason