• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Sony's Gamescom Conference

Seth

MD Party Room
My friends been telling me that sony is having a 3 hour press event at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany on the 18th! Some possible rumors

PSP Go price cut ( Or maybe a 8gb model or something but for 200 )
PS3 Slim
New PSN
Firmware 3.0

Cant wait.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm betting FW 3.0 for the PS3 will bring the PS2 emu aswell :p perfect time for it to come

Whisper

Logic :(
It would definitely boast sales at Christmas if they announced BC for FW 3.0

Hellcat

Contributor
I wish I could attent to that.... but you need to be press.... :(
Well, anyway, I'm sure I can read on every detail discussed there the same evening in THE PRESS :D

user friendly

It would be nice to have access to the video store just to check it out at least, although I doubt I would buy or rent much of anything from it.

Vee

i think, if Sony alter the price of the PSP Go, its only going to instill everyones mind, that its current price point wasn't neccesery and that it could have always been cheaper.

Apparently the "new" PSN is supposed to be announced. That seems more likely.

Adiuvo

The current price of what? Since the Go isn't out yet, a price drop could only be a good thing.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't know if it's true or not, and I don't really care...

Fact is, next PS3 FW is most likely going to be 3.00, and as we all know, major FW number changes bring with them major FW stuff... And what would be bigger for FW 3.0 to bring with it the patented PS2 Emu via CELL and the INfamous Video Store...

I stick my money on this

Adiuvo

I'm not doubting that what you're saying will eventually come, just the rumor source.

Whether it will come within the week though, I'm not sure. It probably won't be soon.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
It's the perfect time for it Adiuvo, price drop coming, the BC gives a perfect reason for people to opt for the 360 over the PS3 with them being almost at the same price point. BC and Video Store give people a good and solid reason to choose one over the other - in Sony's eyes.

user friendly

Wish there was going to be live streams for this show. I know all the announcements will be posted and each will have the corresponding trailer/videos but I like to see it all unfold real time. I have a feeling bombs will be dropped. Especially seeing how 2009 has been going for not just Sony but the whole damn industry, July NPD really drives that home.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Sony is positioning the go as a premium product. Yes it is overpriced but it's made to compete with gadgets in the same tier - like the iPod Touch.

Riorio99

Predictions:
PS3 Slim + Price Cut
New PSN
Euro Video Store
PSP Go gets a cheaper, 8gb model.
Games On Demand or similar service
Backwards compatibility for all models of PS3

Probably some other stuff as well, but no one will care if the other stuff is announced.

Seth

MD Party Room
I hope you mean slim. lol

It also lands in September