• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi SpikeVGA Awards - Results

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
If these are legit then not a single one of them is surprising. 2009 was a year for minimal titles with blockbuster effects.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Thread remade... I'm too lazy and another site did all the work for me :D

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
GOTY kinda shock me, I figure it would be MW2 considering amount people has been talking about it.
I might pick up uncharted2 now.

The halo reach trailer look decent.

Adiuvo

I'm surprised Killzone didn't win in the graphics department. Personally, I think it should. Uncharted is amazingly beautiful but Killzone's animations... they're perfect. Guns are amazingly detailed too, and even the online maps have superb backgrounds. I guess they didn't like the art style; monotone is pretty boring to look at.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I just noticed that, and I lol'd.

Arctic Edge or Dissidia should get that award.

Agreed. With both of you. Chinatown Wars should go die.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I'm surprised Killzone didn't win in the graphics department. Personally, I think it should. Uncharted is amazingly beautiful but Killzone's animations... they're perfect. Guns are amazingly detailed too, and even the online maps have superb backgrounds. I guess they didn't like the art style; monotone is pretty boring to look at.

That is most likely why it didn't win. Uncharted was bright and vivid. Killzone was grey and gritty
_________
Award shows are not meant to be taken seriously, . But I will say the best fighting game is NOT Street Fighter IV. Two of the three other games it was up against were way better.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Left4dead2 best xbox 360 game? Yeah, these award shows mean nothing.

Joey

Wait... Riddick's first name is Richard? His name is fucking Dick Riddick?

Why am I just learning this now?

Robby

Los Doyers!
No way, l4d2 is fun, but its not award winning fun.

Colm

Yay, B:AA 2.
Not so much, MoH. Don't get me wrong, it'd be good but it's now trying to be CoD. NOT GOOD.
Halo: Reach... ehh...
Green Day.. WTF. I mean, anyone could have got a new RB special edition, and they gave it to Green Day? Hell, even Pink Floyd said they're interested in being in a RB game, and they gave it to Green Day?

Looking through the list, a lot of awards are misplaced. Brutal didn't get best cast? U2 got GOTY but didn't win its own category (not saying I have a problem with AC2, that was a serious contender for GOTY as well)

Most Anticipated award? I mean, I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 2 and BioShock 2 more than GoW3. Sort of unneeded award.

Also, Rocksteady really deserved their developer's award. Looking at next year it looks like DICE will get a nomination.