• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Stuck pixels

megaorange

my psp has a perfectly stright line of slow/stuck pixels iv tried the video that flashes Blue Red Green but my psp still has thoes pixels. they change color but not the correct color and are slow to change is there any other way to fix this

Adiuvo

Are the pixels black or colored?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
You can apply some pressure to your screenover the pixels while the flasher is running. I've had no success on my PSP getting rid of a stuck pixel, but I've read that some have with this method.

Cryox

Bro.
How long did you run the color flashing vid? Your supposed to leave it running for sometimes up to a day. (although 12 hrs should due I would think)

megaorange

i left it for an hr ill try longer though
they are red when i have a orange background but it changes depending on the background

Adiuvo

That's good then, I was thinking that they might possibly be dead, but since it's a color it can't be.

But like BeastlyBoy said, leave it running overnight. Just remember that the program might actually cause more dead pixels.

megaorange

ya what is wired is that it is a line across the screen from aound the power light to the analog nub
Edit i attached an image of what it looks like

hibbyware

Stuck pixel fixers do sometimes cause more to become stuck which is why it's better to use a stuck pixel fixer that can do a single pixel at a time,

Also I think your problem is not a stuck pixel in this case as it's the whole row so it seems more like a single bad connection somewhere on the array,

Applying pressure as suggested above may help fix it,

Bulgar Trev

If you can take a screencap of it then it can't be the screen can it?

EDIT: unless its not a screencap and its a good quality pictor?