• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Swapping DVD Drives help!

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I have a 360 DVD drive that is already modded, from a premium console, and an unopened unmodified arcade console. Can I take the modded DVD drive and put it in the arcade console, replacing the dvd drive altogether? will this cause any issues if they are different models? Or is this ok to do completely?

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Oh yeah, also, the DVD drive was modded in like October 2008... So it probably does not have a very up to date firmware. And my unmodded console has the NXE update on it

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
THe modded drive is a TS-H943

The unmodded is a BENQ VAD6038

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM EST ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 09:23 PM EST ----------

Help?

Robby

Los Doyers!
If you look around on some popular xbox360iso sites, you can find people that mod 360's for $10-15 bucks as long as you pay shipping. Sending a drive is like $5 with USPS.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
yeah all the parts and shit is not worth it haha, in my opinion at least.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM EST ----------

Plus I have a laptop so I cant install a VIA chipset as far as I know haha