• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 (Tekken 6) Saved Replay Data to PC

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
Hey guys, how do I transfer my saved replay data to PC? Is that possible? I want the video file so I can upload it in very good quality in YouTube.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
From my understanding this is not possible since due tot he format that the replays are in. Even if you are able to access the replay data and transfer it, it's not a pure video file so you will not be able to view it on anything but the PS3 with the game. Bungie uses a similar system for Halo 3 (you're able to save replays, and post it online for other users to view...in Halo 3).

You'll need a screen-capture device or camera to put the replay up on YouTube; it is not possible through transferring the data to the PC.

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
You'll need a screen-capture device or camera to put the replay up on YouTube; it is not possible through transferring the data to the PC.
Thanks for clarifying that FrozenIpaq! I've always wondered how some people get to upload those perfect digital HQ/HD vids so I thought maybe there's just this special data cable to directly connect PS3 to PC. ^_^;

So I guess that's where the "TV capture cards" come in? I'm not really familiar with them (nor have I seen one, but I read there's an external version), but if I got it right, what I have to do is plug in this capture card to our TV and PC, playback the replay data and capture it so I can get the video file... right?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thanks for clarifying that FrozenIpaq! I've always wondered how some people get to upload those perfect digital HQ/HD vids so I thought maybe there's just this special data cable to directly connect PS3 to PC. ^_^;

So I guess that's where the "TV capture cards" come in? I'm not really familiar with them (nor have I seen one, but I read there's an external version), but if I got it right, what I have to do is plug in this capture card to our TV and PC, playback the replay data and capture it so I can get the video file... right?

Yeah, there are several different capture cards available. If you aren't too concerned about quality there are quite a few USB Capture Cards / TV Tuners that will capture the video in composite (that's the red, yellow and white RCA connections); something like this: Newegg.com - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q TV Tuner StickHybrid Video Recorder with Remote Control 1191 USB 2.0 Interface - TV Tuners & Video Devices

If you want HD recording you'll have to pony up $200+ for something like this: Newegg.com - Hauppauge HD PVR High Definition Personal Video ...

What these will allow you to do is output the PS3's video to your computer and you will then be able to record the video. With the cheaper solution there will be some slight delay but if you are just recording video like replays then it's sufficient enough.

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
There's even a capture card the size of a thumbdrive? Cool! :cool:

What these will allow you to do is output the PS3's video to your computer and you will then be able to record the video.
Quick question about this buddy, so once the video is outputted to my laptop, is it saved in a playable video format already (e.g. .ts, .avi, etc.) to my harddrive at the same time? Or do I still need to get a screen video capturing program (like Freez Screen Video Capture) to save it in a playable format to my harddrive?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
There's even a capture card the size of a thumbdrive? Cool! :cool:

Quick question about this buddy, so once the video is outputted to my laptop, is it saved in a playable video format already (e.g. .ts, .avi, etc.) to my harddrive at the same time? Or do I still need to get a screen video capturing program (like Freez Screen Video Capture) to save it in a playable format to my harddrive?

You'll generally have to use recording software included with the capture card/device (it will output it to your computer then you can choose whether or no to record it). The output file format will also depend on the recorder but generally it is a playable video format

kathy025

Live fast. Die young.
Thanks guys! I don't think our progressive TV can support this feature, but at least now I know what to do when we buy our HDTV. :D For now, it's digicam-on-tripod for me. :p