• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC TF2: Payload Night!

eldiablov

Contributor
I chose not to? So not having the ability to stop the server crashes was my choice? Having the server crash four times in an hour was my choice? The update messing up a command so that my game crashed locally as well as on the server was my choice?

I think not.

I think you chose to ignore everyone else and couldn't be bothered. Funny how you made no effort to contact ES to get the crashes to stop?

And he fixed them anyway by disabling plugins, not that you care.

Colm

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see Hardrive's post above. delete if you want.
I think you chose to ignore everyone else and couldn't be bothered.
And you chose to competely ignore my explanation. I organised the event, but due to the crash issue, it failed. You cannot say the failure was mine, EvilSeph's, Hardrive's, or anyone's. We've had crash issues in the past, but they didn't effect gameplay. In this case, the game on Pipeline was going well, before a crash. When the server restarted, Hardrive and I agreed it'd be a good idea to drop the original plan and stay on Dustbowl. (in other words, after the first crash, we basically abandoned the payload night and tried to get a decent match going on another map). After that, there was about two more crashes, followed by a crash on my PC locally. So, I quit and played some L4D, as I saw that any attempt to get the event going again would likely go wrong. Besides, there was another admin (Andy) on the server, who didn't have the local crash issue.
Funny how you made no effort to contact ES to get the crashes to stop?
There would have been no need. If ES was on IRC, he would have noticed the MfM-TF2 quit messages, indicating a server crash. Even then, the same applied to you, you had !irc access on the server. If, in your opinion, the quit messages weren't enough, you could have asked ES yourself.
And he fixed them anyway by disabling plugins, not that you care.
Plugins were disabled. Fair enough... But the post to say that this happened was at 9:56pm. At that point, the event, as organised would have been finishing up (was planning on having it as a 4-map, 2-hour event). Also, I don't see what you mean by "not that you care"...