• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP The best psp game ever!

georgery

hey guys i was just wondering what you reckon is the best psp game ever made?

Adiuvo

Probably Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite. It quite literally lasts for 300+ hours and is quite fun once you get decent equipment.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Dissidia: Final Fantasy: Best fighting game ever. Lasts for a lifetime too...

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII: Hands down the best RPG on the system, yeah it may not have 300+ hours like MFU (although it also can if you really are a fan), but at least it has a very engaging and immersive plot that you'll never get tired of, plus all characters have very good personalities and fit perfectly onto that small package.

afteralter

S for Surreal
I would agree with both Adiuvo and Kezra(Enigma). Both are good games. Worth buying, tbh. Also, I would like to add Jeanne D'arc (if you're a fan of tactics game instead of hack n' slash).

twelve

I'm not dead
In my view it's a close tie between Gran Turismo, God of War and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

Noriyuke

Yeah i agree with both Adiuvo and Kezra(Enigma), FFVII Crisis Core was gorgeously done and it was very fun to play through. Although i haven't played Dissidia i'm sure its as good if not better than Crisis Core. As for Gran Turismo PSP? I dont think it should be classified as one of the best. I dont know, GT is awesome, i love the realism, but on a PSP? I don't know if id enjoy it as much as the PS2 Versions on the TV. Mind you it might be cool to play it from the psp onto the tv? Iono.

afteralter

S for Surreal
As for Gran Turismo PSP? I dont think it should be classified as one of the best. I dont know, GT is awesome, i love the realism, but on a PSP? I don't know if id enjoy it as much as the PS2 Versions on the TV. Mind you it might be cool to play it from the psp onto the tv? Iono.

It's not that GT is on PSP. It's GT having no career mode and the license thingie w/c I <3'ed on PS1 and PS2.

georgery

its kinda stupid not including a campain in gran turismo

afteralter

S for Surreal
its kinda stupid not including a campain in gran turismo

Not really stupid, but senseless. Btw, it's career. Career mode is the only reason I bought/played GT for PS1 and PS2.

LocutusEstBorg

These "best" questions really have to be categorized to be meaningful.

Best Single Play Through: God of War
Best Completing 100%: Burnout Dominator
Best Online: Resistance Retribution
Best Adhoc Multiplayer: GTA:VCS / Tekken 5 (and probably 6)
Best (True Skill Requiring) Fighting: Tekken 5 (and probably 6)
Best Music Based: DJ Max Portable Clazziquai Edition

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
These "best" questions really have to be categorized to be meaningful.

Best Single Play Through: God of War
Best Completing 100%: Burnout Dominator
Best Online: Resistance Retribution
Best Adhoc Multiplayer: GTA:VCS / Tekken 5 (and probably 6)
Best (True Skill Requiring) Fighting: Tekken 5 (and probably 6)
Best Music Based: DJ Max Portable Clazziquai Edition

No fighting game truly requires skills tbh. I've beat almost all fighting games I've played by just spamming random buttons. Tekken 5 was on of the worst too... Soul Calibur on the PS3 is even worse though.

Best Single Play Through: Agreed.
Best Completing 100%: Disagreed. I'd go for Dissidia, it's got enough content to last a LONG time.
Best Online: No opinion, but I'll choose Metal Gear Portable because I liked it's online. Also Killzone wasn't bad.
Best Adhoc Multiplayer: Never played much.
Best RPG: Crisis Core/Jeanne D'Arc
Best Fighting: Dissidia (requires more or less same skills, lasts longer, has bigger challenge)

LocutusEstBorg

No fighting game truly requires skills tbh. I've beat almost all fighting games I've played by just spamming random buttons. Tekken 5 was on of the worst too... Soul Calibur on the PS3 is even worse though.

Then you've obviously never played Tekken the way its meant to be played. If you think that knowing the moves and combos in the in-game move list are all there is to it then you have no clue how to play the game. You'll get destroyed without getting in even a single hit against a skilled player or CPU on maximum difficulty.

The game runs at a constant 60FPS on the main platforms. If the FPS dips even a bit then you can't do half the moves. It became so competitive that Namco had to release the frame data for the animations. I.e. the number of frames taken for the players animations to complete. You need to know the number of frames required to perform each move. If your attack is blocked, you get say -13 frames. Which means your opponent can attack you with a move that takes 12 or less frames and you WILL get hit.

Most useful combos have a window of 2-3 frames within which you must press the next button. For ex. to do a MSEWGF you must press Forward, Pause, Then press Down+Forward+Triangle. The last three must be pressed within 2 frames of each other or the move will fail and you'll get owned due to losing frames. Thats 2/60th of a second!!

Some moves have a 1 frame window. You need to press the button at the exact frame of the animation, 1/60th of a second or FAIL. Actually the game can't even be played on a controller. You need a high quality arcade stick.

Watch this: [YT]9d-GfVULJTE[/YT]

I can't believe they're actually porting Tekken 6 to the 360!!! OMG, the d-pad on that is a joke. Its impossible to even press a single direction without pressing 2 others before the button goes down and 2 others when you release the button.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Then you've obviously never played Tekken the way its meant to be played. If you think that knowing the moves and combos in the in-game move list are all there is to it then you have no clue how to play the game. You'll get destroy without getting in even a single hit against a skilled player or CPU on maximum difficulty.

The game runs at a constant 60FPS on the main platforms. If the FPS dips even a bit then you can't do half the moves. It became so competitive that Namco had to release the frame data for the animations. I.e. the number of frames taken for the players animations to complete. You need to know the number of frames required to perform each move. If your attack is blocked, you get say -13 frames. Which means your opponent can attack you with a move that takes 12 or less frames and you WILL get hit.

Most useful combos have a window of 2-3 frames within which you must press the next button. For ex. to do a MSEWGF you must press Forward, Pause, Then press Down+Forward+Triangle. The last three must be pressed within 2 frames of each other or the move will fail and you'll get owned due to losing frames. Thats 2/60th of a second!!

Some moves have a 1 frame window. You need to press the button at the exact frame of the animation, 1/60th of a second or FAIL. Actually the game can't even be played on a controller. You need a high quality arcade stick.

I can't believe they're actually porting Tekken 6 to the 360!!! OMG, the d-pad on that is a joke. Its impossible to even press a single direction without pressing 2 others before the button goes down and 2 others when you release the button.

You are most likely right, but I am not a big fan of fighting games.

Still I get your point about the combos and such, and I do admit it must be as hard as hell.

About 360 Tekken, well for them it ooesn't really matter as long as the game is there and if you're right, most fighting fans won't take much enjoyment from the game.

Chathurga

I hate fighting games, there's only two levels of play: button bashing and super srs mode. Neither are very fun.

Best games were the 2 GTAs and Puzzle Quest, PQ was fucking intense.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
My favorite games are:

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (despite the fact that I never got into the FF series)