• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The Order: 1886

PhoenixFG

I just finished the game and started another play through to get the trophies I missed the first time and play on a different difficulty setting. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced at E3 and I was surprised to see the mediocre reviews but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the game!

What are your thoughts on it? Did you grab it to play this weekend or did the reviews give you pause?

Gamer Steve

I just finished the game and started another play through to get the trophies I missed the first time and play on a different difficulty setting. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced at E3 and I was surprised to see the mediocre reviews but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the game!

What are your thoughts on it? Did you grab it to play this weekend or did the reviews give you pause?
No thoughts yet but I can't wait to try it haven't opened my copy yet I heard iAssad short as hell

PhoenixFG

No thoughts yet but I can't wait to try it haven't opened my copy yet I heard iAssad short as hell

Define short? Because after I got done sinking so many hours into DA:I I needed a game to just relax and finish up pretty quickly. I finished The Order in about 12 hrs but that's just me going around and admiring the game!:p I had a lot of fun playing though. Still can't believe so many are hating on the game but to each their own. Let me know what you think when you get around to playing!

Survival Horror

Define short? Because after I got done sinking so many hours into DA:I I needed a game to just relax and finish up pretty quickly. I finished The Order in about 12 hrs but that's just me going around and admiring the game!:p I had a lot of fun playing though. Still can't believe so many are hating on the game but to each their own. Let me know what you think when you get around to playing!
I am very curious to dry the game before install it or not in my card.Because many people hate it i think that i will like it finally :p

PhoenixFG

I'm the same way games that people hate on I end up liking. People wants games to be similar all the time it's sicking

I knooow!! This was a new IP for Ready at Dawn and people trashed it and yet they complain about devs doing nothing new. There's a difference between constructive criticism and entitlement. I've stopped reading reviews until after I sink some time into a game...not that I pay that much attention to reviews anyway. Heavy Rain is one of my fav games for PS3 and it still gets trashed!

Gamer Steve

I knooow!! This was a new IP for Ready at Dawn and people trashed it and yet they complain about devs doing nothing new. There's a difference between constructive criticism and entitlement. I've stopped reading reviews until after I sink some time into a game...not that I pay that much attention to reviews anyway. Heavy Rain is one of my fav games for PS3 and it still gets trashed!
Heavy rain was a amazing game and I only watch reviews to see what people opinions are. People compare shit too much every game is suppose to be different like final fantasy for example most final fantasy after 7 get bad reviews cuz there not like 7 I'm a gamer who sees games for what they are entertainment and I like them being different

PhoenixFG

Heavy rain was a amazing game and I only watch reviews to see what people opinions are. People compare shit too much every game is suppose to be different like final fantasy for example most final fantasy after 7 get bad reviews cuz there not like 7 I'm a gamer who sees games for what they are entertainment and I like them being different

"JAAAAASON!!!"
I just got into FF this year. An ex tried to get me into it about 10 yrs ago but I was all "meh" and now I'm all "I have to get every game I can currently get my hands on!!" I've been seeing that statement a lot, about seven, I haven't played it yet but I've liked FF 10 and 13, which seems to be hated on a lot but I've enjoyed the time I've put in it! I like them being different too! Makes it somewhat easier to pick a game based on my mood!:p

Gamer Steve

"JAAAAASON!!!"
I just got into FF this year. An ex tried to get me into it about 10 yrs ago but I was all "meh" and now I'm all "I have to get every game I can currently get my hands on!!" I've been seeing that statement a lot, about seven, I haven't played it yet but I've liked FF 10 and 13, which seems to be hated on a lot but I've enjoyed the time I've put in it! I like them being different too! Makes it somewhat easier to pick a game based on my mood!:p
Final fantasy games are great #10 was really good story gameplay the setting was amazing one of my favorites. The reason why 7 was a huge success besides the story was the gameplay but the story was really deep and realistic in setting like government wise and companies destroyind the lands with factories and the characters were hardcore swearing and stuff it was mushy at all

PhoenixFG

@SLCR I'ma have to grab it on Steam way of these days to see what's up! It's on my wishlist...I just have too many unfinished/unplayed games already! *sigh* But that sounds like my kind of story!

Gamer Steve

@SLCR I'ma have to grab it on Steam way of these days to see what's up! It's on my wishlist...I just have too many unfinished/unplayed games already! *sigh* But that sounds like my kind of story!
yea the steam version is just as good plus it comes with achievements (for achievements hunters) i feel you my backlog is insane over 50 plus games now :-( not enough gaming time.lol

PhoenixFG

yea the steam version is just as good plus it comes with achievements (for achievements hunters) i feel you my backlog is insane over 50 plus games now :-( not enough gaming time.lol

And yet, we keep buying more!:p Between the PS4 and the Xbox I have too many games to count! >_< I'm not even looking at Steam(those sales though!!)!

Gamer Steve

And yet, we keep buying more!:p Between the PS4 and the Xbox I have too many games to count! >_< I'm not even looking at Steam(those sales though!!)!
i know its become a sickness haha i just feel like when there is a game i want i need to get it asap lol even though it may not be played for months ;-) i guess its ok though cuz im a videogame collector so it works out for me.lol but still those sales are bad haha

PhoenixFG

i know its become a sickness haha i just feel like when there is a game i want i need to get it asap lol even though it may not be played for months ;-) i guess its ok though cuz im a videogame collector so it works out for me.lol but still those sales are bad haha

Same! I've preordered games, forgot about it and then go to check Amazon for release into only to be told I've ordered it already! Good thing about them is they don't charge your card until it ships. Oh yeah! I saw all the consoles/handhelds you have. That's awesome!! The sales are so good I try to stay away from Steam...but I always fail! >_<

Gamer Steve

Same! I've preordered games, forgot about it and then go to check Amazon for release into only to be told I've ordered it already! Good thing about them is they don't charge your card until it ships. Oh yeah! I saw all the consoles/handhelds you have. That's awesome!! The sales are so good I try to stay away from Steam...but I always fail! >_<
Yea i completely undertsand your feelings i look through all the games i have and be like hey when did i get this game lol. I have always been interested in video games since i was younger so i never was really into selling games so i have collected them since.lol Steam sales are always amazing but its not to hard for me to stay away since i really dont own a personal computer lol....yet

PhoenixFG

Yea i completely undertsand your feelings i look through all the games i have and be like hey when did i get this game lol. I have always been interested in video games since i was younger so i never was really into selling games so i have collected them since.lol Steam sales are always amazing but its not to hard for me to stay away since i really dont own a personal computer lol....yet

I've never sold a game. Even if it wasn't something I couldn't get into I also think: "Well, I might play it again one day!" I wish I hadn't let friends "borrow" games. We moved around a lot so some games I've never seen again! Ahhh...my gaming library would be a lot smaller if I didn't have a gaming PC!:) Legend of the Dragoon is still one of my favorite PS games. Even grabbed it for the PS3 when they were saling it. Still can't master the QTEs!:p

Gamer Steve

I've never sold a game. Even if it wasn't something I couldn't get into I also think: "Well, I might play it again one day!" I wish I hadn't let friends "borrow" games. We moved around a lot so some games I've never seen again! Ahhh...my gaming library would be a lot smaller if I didn't have a gaming PC!:) Legend of the Dragoon is still one of my favorite PS games. Even grabbed it for the PS3 when they were saling it. Still can't master the QTEs!:p
Omg legend of dragoon is a amazing game got to the last disk but never finished it hoping one day it will be released on steam along with the croon series. That sucks letting friends borrow games to never have them returned

PhoenixFG

Omg legend of dragoon is a amazing game got to the last disk but never finished it hoping one day it will be released on steam along with the croon series. That sucks letting friends borrow games to never have them returned
Riiiight? That game was just awesome! Same! I don't think I could beat the final boss! :( And ugh! I know. One of the reasons I stopped letting people borrow games! Chrono-Cross was another favorite!

Gamer Steve

Riiiight? That game was just awesome! Same! I don't think I could beat the final boss! :( And ugh! I know. One of the reasons I stopped letting people borrow games! Chrono-Cross was another favorite!
Yea I personally don't like people borrowing my games cuz a friend either lost the game or damaged it :-( chronological cross is one of my favorite games