• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 This is why I won't get the xbox360

Darkchild

The Doctor
I find it amazing that our stores still have the RRODing XBOXes

screencap (because it really did happen):
Img019.jpg

Alex

tbh i think microsoft new this would happen, i personally think that the red ring is a money grabber.

is it still under garentee?

angelsniper45

I dont think so, but i believe it is possible to fix it yourself, I had a rrod a couple of years ago and i did some tinkering around with it and it work after searching the internet for hours. :laughing:

But yeah, that does suck.

PR0fessor Burnt

my friend sent in his month ago and got it fixed
but my other friend has rrod too and they wont send forms to send it in

january39

eXo Staff
The RROD is a design fault that MS knew about, worse stll MS acknowledges the problem, but will not sort it out.

RROD Xbox's are in the majority

angelsniper45

The RROD is a design fault that MS knew about, worse stll MS acknowledges the problem, but will not sort it out.

RROD Xbox's are in the majority

They said they had a "replacement" program a while back, but im not sure they ever followed through with it.

I really only use my 360 for netflix :w00t:

january39

eXo Staff
They said they had a "replacement" program a while back, but im not sure they ever followed through with it.

I really only use my 360 for netflix :w00t:

They might have, but if they did it was not done well, my mate from work bought one 2 months ago and he got the RROD. Yes, MS exchanged it but that's not really the issue.

THey need a more suitable way to cool it down, as the current design does not do it enough.

Stick to Playstation i say.

Alex

well Xbox online is better then PS3's mainly because you have to pay. PS3 online play is good anyway, better then i expected.
I've played my PS3 for a whole day straight and it was HOT. lol

XsavioR

The logistics are like this.

Xbox has a chip in it that doesnt play nicely with other chips. Scraping knees on the playground kinda thing.

The owner of the chip kinda had MS by the balls.

Nothing happened for sometime.

eventually some agreement was reached , MS gained rights to redesign the chip to play nicely. At this point MS admits publicly there is an issue , and begins efforts to warranty the effected units , up to three times the normal warranty duration, free.

At this point MS is in a very bad place with countless brand spanking new units with the faulty chip already inside. Countless warranty repairs/replacements.

I think their choice to send out the stock they had to stores as demos is truly the lesser of evils.

I worked at frys during the time they came to an agreement. I watched the entire stock of xbox sell out , and not be replenished untill stock was zero. The first new shipment, I bought an elite. dam near 600$. I never had a problem to date.

Yes it really sucks.... but dont think MS didnt learn a lesson here.

A bigger complaint of mine, is the lack luster job they did with the format war. HD DVD vs Blueray. If they were going to just roll over and take it like that they should have caved earlier and picked up the hardware.