• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

toolchain not installing......

angelsniper45

Ok so i just finished up my cygwin setup after hours of installation, i downloaded the latest tool chain, put it in C:/cygwin/home/usr and cd'd that directory, and ran the script numerous times, but im getting an error messages that is not letting me complete the install. Should i continue using this or just get minimalist pspsdk?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Ok so i just finished up my cygwin setup after hours of installation, i downloaded the latest tool chain, put it in C:/cygwin/home/usr and cd'd that directory, and ran the script numerous times, but im getting an error messages that is not letting me complete the install. Should i continue using this or just get minimalist pspsdk?

What's the error code?
What OS is the host?
Did you install all the dev packages and wget?

angelsniper45

$ "./toolchain.sh"
ERROR: Set $PSPDEV before continuing.
../depends/check-pspdev.sh: Failed.

Im on Windows Vista Home premium
I did a complete cygwin install, and yes i did install wget. Im not excactly sure how to use that command tho

MenaceInc

Staff Member
$ "./toolchain.sh"
ERROR: Set $PSPDEV before continuing.
../depends/check-pspdev.sh: Failed.

Im on Windows Vista Home premium
I did a complete cygwin install, and yes i did install wget. Im not excactly sure how to use that command tho

right, you need to type
echo "export PSPDEV=/usr/local/pspdev" >> ~/.bashrc
echo "export PATH=\$PATH:\$PSPDEV/bin" >> ~/.bashrc
into cygwin and restart cygwin

then start it again and try compiling it again. that should do it