• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Total Newbie w/ Questions about 3.10OE-A

johnbuk

OK, I'm totally new to homebrew but I've been reading and reading and reading and I'm stuck as what to do next because a lot of the info I'm finding is out of date and since I didn't start earlier a lot of the steps for doing this that some people seem to take for granted as being common knowledge are totally foreign to me.

Here's where I'm at:
Downgraded my PSP to 1.50 and then loaded 3.10OE with latest update- no problems along that route.

Reason for going to 3.10OE:
Want to run some of my old PSOne games on my PSP and I'm tired of waiting for Sony to allow me to do that without first buying a PS3.

Questions:
1) I bought Ratchet and Clank:Size Matters when it came out this week. Can't get the UMD to run in 3.10 OE. Disc spins but then it hangs and just shows a black screen. Any advice on getting this UMD (which officially requires FW 2.82) to run on 3.10OE-A?
2) I've read that some people have gotten the LocationFree player to work by customizing the 3.10OE firmware and that they found instructions on how to do that on one of the forums, but so far no one has been able to point me to where those instructions can be found. Any advice on getting the LocationFree player to work with 3.10OE?
3) How do I rip PSOne games and play them in 3.10OE? Any easy to understand instructions out there? I know I need Pop Loader and PSAR dumper and it has something to do with prx files (I think), but I'm totally confused.
4) If I want to downgrade 3.10OE back to 1.50 how can I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone might be able to offer.

johnbuk

OK, I think I've sort of figured out a few answers to some of my questions.

1) To play Ratchet & Clank- Reboot to recovery mode and change system speed to 266.

2) Have to extract some files from the 3.10 firmware using PSARdumper and get rid of the japanese character set to make room for tbe LocationFree player in flash memory. No idea how to use PSARDumper, but still researching.

3) Understand how to rip ISOs, it's still just a matter of getting my head around prx files and I've read so many different conflicting posts that I'm still pretty confused.

4) Found a package that will allow the PSP to be set back to 1.50 via rebooting to recovery mode.

It's slowly coming together. If no one replies, I'll try and right more details as I figure them out myself.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
For ripping my own PS1 games, I use IsoBuster.

ps1rip.png

After that's done you just need to use popstation to convert the image for PSP.