• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Transferring Large File(s) To PS3???

Nick

i have approx. 40gigs that i would like to transfer over from my imac to my PS3. i unfortunately don't have an external HDD or anything of that sort. can someone please help. thanks.
p.s: if you must know what i'm transferring, its a mixture of movies and tv shows.

If you enable Windows Media Player to enable streaming, you can copy them (or simply stream them) from your PC over LAN. However, I'm not sure if there's a 'Copy All' function, and the transfers do take awhile. Some form of USB storage device would be your best bet, much faster, even if you have to do it on a crummy 2GB USB Stick.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I would recommend MediaLink as a media server, it's by far the best, most reliable, and easiest to use on OS X IMO. One of the only pieces of software I've ever actually bought, and well worth the money.

user friendly

PMS

Not sure how well it works with OSX but it's the best I've used for PC. It actually converts the video file (if mkv) to M2TS which works with the PS3. It'll even transfer files greater than 4GB with no issues. Barring OSX compatibility, I'd go with PMS. Let me know if you have any questions if you decide to go this route.