• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Trying to find a nice audio mixing program. Help?

Zx30

Beto
Hey all. I've recently received a microphone and I wanted to have fun with it by making sounds, music, beats, or whatever.

I'm trying to find a program that will allow me to make different audio files, and play them at the same time to make it sound like music. I've been searching for a while now, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Would you guys happen to know a good program that will allow me to record and mix my own sounds together?
Free is preferred but I can take a look at paying for something if it's worth it.

Thanks for your help in advanced guys :)

RoBz

sucker
I vote Ableton, it might take you a while to get used to, but it's a sick machine of a program. Grab some tutorials on it.

Seth

MD Party Room
Sony Acid...Best for non pro but still advance people who wish to do a little more complex things...Not free but there are torrents and keys online if you wish to try it out.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Get Reaper, it's very VST friendly and the built in midi editor is great.