• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 [Update] PS3 Firmware 3.66 Goes Live

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ps33000.jpg

Update: The firmware is now available, grab it via Network Update or from our download section.

Sony's just announced that PS3 firmware 3.66 is scheduled to drop soon, likely by tonight. It's a minor update that "improves stability during use of PS3 format software."

Additionally, refinements have been made to network services. We'll update when the firmware goes live[...]

Continue reading: PS3 Firmware 3.66 Out Soon...

Seth

MD Party Room
Around fall when the vita is coming out?

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Expect features at 4.0 xD

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
4.0 as in FW 4.0?

Number changes are usually when Sony injects new features (or removes them) so before OFW 4.00 is announced, don't expect anything at all. Spares disappointment.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Besides PS Vita connectivity stuff, what else can they add? I'd like to see a improved web browser personally.

Seth

MD Party Room
Besides PS Vita connectivity stuff, what else can they add? I'd like to see a improved web browser personally.
Party Chat....
A better cloud save system...
A way where you dont have to sync your trophies..
A new XMB style....
A way to fully install games that dont currently support it..
MKV support...

Most the stuff that found on XBL..

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

They can still implement in-game soundtracks, a decent web-browser. Aside that, nothing much really. They do however have to expand some services to all countries.

B

Bizarre

4.0 as in FW 4.0?

Number changes are usually when Sony injects new features (or removes them) so before OFW 4.00 is announced, don't expect anything at all. Spares disappointment.

Sorry brain fart, haha thought it was an event of some sort.

TeamOverload

There's lots of things that they could add. Think of the 360 and all that features it has had added or even the things that have been added to the Playstation 3 overtime, there's many things that we've come to use and rely on, that many of us probably would have never even thought of.

january39

eXo Staff
More colours for the background would be nice... I don't want for much.

Robby

Los Doyers!
PS3 still doesn't have party chat? Haven't turned on mines in over a year, just collects dust right now as the whole interface just turned me away from it. Party chat is a must for a console I think. I mean, that's the first thing I do on my xbox. Turn on xbox, joins my friends party and I'm in it, playing all the different games I want, and then I leave the chat when we go to bed.

Dan

Contributor
I want the Photo Gallery and other icons to match the XMB, they make it look disgusting and I hate them so much.

B

Bizarre

Face it, Sony doesn't give us features we ask for, they give features that they THINK we want.