• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

upgrading from 4.01 M33-2 to 5.00

id22

Hey guys i need some help. my psp slim(2001) has 4.01 M33-2 and i want to upgrade to 5.00. Can i just get the 5.00 file and upgrade my psp or do i have to rehack the psp all over again? I haven't used my psp in a long time and kinda forgot what i am supposed to do? help is very much appreciated :biggrin:

january39

eXo Staff
Pretty sure, you can just update by drag and dropping the files on to your MS, you will need a 5.00 Eboot renamed to 500.PBP.

Might be worth going up to 5.50 Gen d3 now though, and for that you will need an installer.

Everything you need is here - http://downloads.exophase.com/category/psp/

Hellcat

Contributor
Use the M33 or GEN installer to update, not directely the Sony Updater EBOOT.
The M33 or GEN installer will read the OFW part out of the 500.PBP or 550.PBP and install the CFW with it.

january39

eXo Staff
Use the M33 or GEN installer to update, not directely the Sony Updater EBOOT.
The M33 or GEN installer will read the OFW part out of the 500.PBP or 550.PBP and install the CFW with it.

Good catch, yes the 5.00M33 updater is required. Apologies for that it has been that long...

id22

hmmm i just downloaded the 5.50gen d3 and it already has the 550.PBP and stuff. can i upgrade directly from 4.01 M33 to the 5.50gen d3? sorry for being a pain but i just want to make sure. also thanks ahead of time to everyone helping me out. i really appreciate it.

id22

hey everyone. just thanks everyone again for helping me hack my psp. made things go a lot smoother than if i was just to go trial and error. =)