• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
AWESOME dudeeee!!!! works great.... thanx

btw which option actually restores the battery! the first or the last??? and whats the difference? im sure this one dont need pressing R+L like it says in other places.

If you've backed up the eeprom, there should be an option that says: Flash battery eeprom from ms0:/eeprom.bin

that's the one you'll want to choose.

usnek

Hi, my first post, so please excuse me if my wording aren't clear.

I have a bricked PSP Phat that used to be homebrew-enabled firmware 2.71 (how I brick a homebew-enabled PSP? I was new and dumb.) Anyway, I want to unbrick it using pandora battery and this 3.71 M33 patch directly. But I read in the Keycleaner thread that some older way of downgrading might modify the Keys on the PSP. So since I can not run the Keycleaner on my bricked PSP, would I encounter problem if I use this guide to unbrick my PSP and patch directly to 3.71 M33? Or does this unbrick and patch procedure reset my Keys, so I don't have to worry about Keys?

Thank you for your time.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi, my first post, so please excuse me if my wording aren't clear.

I have a bricked PSP Phat that used to be homebrew-enabled firmware 2.71 (how I brick a homebew-enabled PSP? I was new and dumb.) Anyway, I want to unbrick it using pandora battery and this 3.71 M33 patch directly. But I read in the Keycleaner thread that some older way of downgrading might modify the Keys on the PSP. So since I can not run the Keycleaner on my bricked PSP, would I encounter problem if I use this guide to unbrick my PSP and patch directly to 3.71 M33? Or does this unbrick and patch procedure reset my Keys, so I don't have to worry about Keys?

Thank you for your time.

Yes, it will automatically fix any corrupted idstorage keys.

cnibak

Guy's

I got already a Pandora and Magic MemStick and I just converted my Pandora Battery to a normal mode.

The procedure i made is rename my KD folder in a root of my MS then paste there the 1.50, 3.40, 3.71 then xtracted the file from Universal Unbricker ( despertar_cementerio ) and paste it to a PSP/GAME150 My PSP version is 3.52 M33-4. Then after i run Despertar del Cementerio patch under my PSP/GAMES .

I'm getting this error 'This Program Requires 2.71 of Higher' consider that 3.52 kernel is set in recovery menu.

Any idea please advised.

Thanks.

usnek

Hi,

One question about this method and PSP slim. I have read on another post that, at the service menu (blank screen on PSP slim), press X is to flash 3.71 M33. Press square is to take a NAND dump, and press circle is to flash 3.71 official firmware. Is this correct?

So if I want to revert a PSP slim back to official firmware, the best way to do is to press circle and get it back to official firmware? or is it better to flash the NAND dump back?

Thank you!

hi everyone
im new obviously
well anyways i did all the steps with creating the magic memory stick and something doesnt work for me.
when i try to run the despertar del cementerio it says the game cannot be started
any help with do me good
thnx!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi everyone
im new obviously
well anyways i did all the steps with creating the magic memory stick and something doesnt work for me.
when i try to run the despertar del cementerio it says the game cannot be started
any help with do me good
thnx!

What firmware are you on? Also, did you do this step?

1. First boot up the PSP into recovery mode (hold R during boot) and make sure the GAME folder homebrew setting is set to 3.X Kernel. Exit recovery mode.

it says 3.71
and i try to hold R when booting up but nothing happens. it just takes me to the screen with music, videos etc etc

crud
i missed step 1 and went straight to step 2
is that gonna mess me up?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
it says 3.71
and i try to hold R when booting up but nothing happens. it just takes me to the screen with music, videos etc etc

crud

no, but you can't run this. look over the requirements, you need a homebrew capable PSP running at least 3.X OE / M33. You're running official 3.71.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
it says 3.71

crud

You're not running a custom firmware, you cannot create a magic memstick without custom firmware.

danng
i erased everything in the memory card for nothing

is there anyway i can get custom firmware for my psp?
or should i just stop trying

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
danng
i erased everything in the memory card for nothing

is there anyway i can get custom firmware for my psp?
or should i just stop trying

Well if you know someone who has custom firmware on their PSP, they can convert the battery and install the memory stick files for you. That's the only other way.

supaquickt

Nice guide x3, as always. Anyhow got hold of another slim, I suppose this guide is now the quickest & best way to get it to 3.71 M33?

Or should I go 3.60 M33 > 3.71 M33 (did this to my other slim)

Thanks.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Nice guide x3, as always. Anyhow got hold of another slim, I suppose this guide is now the quickest & best way to get it to 3.71 M33?

Or should I go 3.60 M33 > 3.71 M33 (did this to my other slim)
Thanks.

No reason no to just go straight to 3.71M33 AFAIK.

supaquickt

Cheers Cheeze, I figured it should be the same as well. I'm gonna go ahead and make it now anyway, also good to know I can just use my old phat pandora memstick and make this one instead. Saves me buying another and saving money is always good :D

EDIT: Just made one, about to give it a try. x3 one little thing in step 12 don't you have to be in USB mode to write the IPL to the stick? Cheers.

Friscoway

Guys when i try to go to comand window of course i go to run i type "cmd" but it does only opens a comand window saying:
c:\Documents and settings\My Name>

I type mspformat after the arrow because it won't let me backspace to the C:\
and it gives me a message: mspformat is not recognized as an internat external comand

it wont let me do the first steps of the guide what should I do then?

Im using windows XP home edition

thanks in advance