• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Ut-oh...

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I just stepped on the rustiest, jankiest, oldest nail I've ever seen, and I be's bleedin'. After declaring GO TIME with the nail and casting it into an alternate dimension of death and despair, I realized- should I go get tested for tetanus? Anyone else do this? Anyone know the chances of being dead from it? Just figger'd I'd ask, it hurties everys times I's steps on its.

J

Junit

Cheezeball , you should go to a hospital or walk in clinic asap , this could be serious , I don't know I'm not a doctor but should get it cleaned out or something ..

shadowforte

Cheeze: This is very bad. When is the last time you got a Tetanus shot? If it was in the last five years, then you are okay. If not, go get one now. I hate shots, but I would rather have a few seconds of pain over getting Lock Jaw. And yes, you can die. One of best friends when I was growing up died over this, so go now. No one wants Cheeze to die ;)

J

Junit

Sh*t cheeze you should get that shot and get it cleaned out , we don't want our 1 man internet recon squad gone :crying:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Well, I looked it up- It's not the actual rust that give you tetanus, it's the C. tetani bacteria, of which rust makes a good harbor for it. It's usually only when it's outdoors, because that's where the bacteria is; this nail actually just fell out of a really old chair just the other day, I just didn't find it. I'll go in if it starts to get infected, but so far it's not really anything, just a really small scab. It only BARELY punctured the skin.

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
Is tetanus the one where a line travel from the wound to your heart and there's a visible line on your skin and you die when it gets to your heart.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
No. Tetanus locks up your jaw. Then you die.

from hunger....lol.

nah,shouldnt be joking about that,not especially as one of shadowfortes mates died from it.

you should get it checked out cheeze.a injection is nothing really anyway.the needle only goes in once like :p not like a tattoo... XD