• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

vacuum cleaner sound = not good

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Alright to clarify this is a very new ps3 and it's 60gb model. When I usually turn my ps3 on it runs fine bairly a whisper from the fans. Now though once the opening happens when I'm in game or the xmb the system progressively gets louder sounding. I think its the disk drive but I can't be certain. It gets louder at intervals also. The first time it happened I left it on until it was as loud as an xbox (not dissing xbox just for reference). It scared me since it's never that loud so I shut it off via the switch at the back. Then I started it up again with the system not controller and it got progessively louder again to a point where it was almost like a vacuum cleaner. So I shut it down again. Any advice I'm probably returning it anyways since it had a few problems prior but still for now or if i keep it any advice? O yea I can still return it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'd return it ASAP. Doesn't sound good.

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I'm still bringing it back but i think that the heat sensors are busted and it's jacking up the fan cause it thinks the consoles to hot it shut it down after 2 mins of running once so yea. (was not hot at all)

J

Junit

HA PS3'S DO BREAK THOSE DAMN LYING FAN BOYS!!! but for real I'd take it in ASAP :S

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Please don't pull a maxconsole Junit and yes I guess every system has some flawed units for the most part though I don't think this happens and if it does again i'll be pissed.

J

Junit

I was just kidding >_> but for real , I know alot of people with PS3's and none of them had a problem , I was kinda suprised when you posted this

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
I was suprised too when it happened but it is kinda of understandable as the shops had these once since like release they've had to make they're own package deals to try and get rid of them. Maybe I'm wrong but I think was one from the first shipment and while nothing shoulld be wrong the lady at the store that i bought it from said they got lots of them back for different reasons another clerk did mention some people just realize they cant afford them after but still. Hopefully next one works as well as original.
edit: Just got back from the store with new ps3 hopefully nothing goes wrong with this one either way still have a monthto find any kinnks before i cant rbing it back get to play lots o games before that if need be happens.