• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Valve Wants Steamworks On Xbox 360

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
166682-portal.jpg

After dropping the bombshell that Portal 2 was in development for PS3 complete with full Steamworks integration, many are wondering if its Xbox 360 counterpart will receive the same treatment.

The verdict? Valve would "love" to bring Steam to the 360, according to company project manager Erik Johnson in a CVG piece[...]

Continue reading: Valve Wants Steamworks On Xbox 360...

Robby

Los Doyers!
That would be awesome.

What does Microsoft gain by not allowing steamworks to come on Xbox live?
Nothing I would think.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Microsoft is very, very controlling of their Xbox Live service and allowing companies to use alternatives to the service - the FFXIV case rings a bell

Wouldn't that mean that they will play with the people from ps3 making they're online "bad"

I'm not to sure on cross-platform multiplayer, but I think it would allow Valve to bypass the XBL policy that all DLC must have a price. It's been one of the main impediments to an updated TF2 on the XBox, not to mention Valve really does not want to charge for DLC.

I'd like to see a title (preferably co-op) to pull of cross-platform multiplayer nonetheless.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I feel pretty confident that there will never, ever, ever, be cross platform play between the Xbox 360 and PS3.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I feel pretty confident that there will never, ever, ever, be cross platform play between the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Wasn't their one game that said that you would be able to play cross-platform?, i can't seem to think of it's title atm though=-(

Riorio99

Can you imagine the fanboy flame wars that would kick off in a cross platform game? I'd love to lay with some of my 360 owning friends, but for random games, massive flame wars.

Also, MS is going starting to lose out massively because of their protectiveness. First they lose FFXIV and now the possibility of Steamworks. No free DLC is also troubling.