• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Verbatim vs. Memorex?

eighty4

I have heard that Memorex discs cause the game to look choppy and to skip/lag horribly, but I have also heard that this isn't true and that both discs ask the same. And since I know alot of the people here have modded 360s, I wanted to know which ones work the best for you guys, personally.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I use Memorex all the time since they are much cheaper.
There will be a few times it lags, but only during cut scenes and still pretty rare.
For some reason my friends 360 doesn't like Memorex, I'll have perfectly good game that played perfectly for me, but if its put in his 360 he will sometimes get a disk error. Unless I use verbatims he wont borrow games from me.

ReneX

mmmm nice question, i would like to know to, i have use verbatim but maybe, for the sake of my 360, ill buy another brand

Noriyuke

My question in this regard is, why cant you just use ANY DVD? because of the lag situation? or because it will burn out the laser at the end of the day?

And if i'm stuck buying out of those 2 brands, i want the best deal the internet can deal, anyone found anything like this? Ill start looking when i get the Xbox Flashed, which wont be until the end of this week me thinks.

eighty4

Noriyuke said:
My question in this regard is, why cant you just use ANY DVD? because of the lag situation? or because it will burn out the laser at the end of the day?

And if i'm stuck buying out of those 2 brands, i want the best deal the internet can deal, anyone found anything like this? Ill start looking when i get the Xbox Flashed, which wont be until the end of this week me thinks.
360 ISOs are dual sided, I guess and are too large to fit on one DVD. I got the Memorex's if any cares and I'm burning CoD5 right now. It's going slow but for a 15 pack for only 13 dollars - I can muscle it through.