• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What franchises do YOU feel are getting milked?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
There have been a lot of sequels in the past few years, some of which deliver the goods of being true sequels while others feel like expansions and make you feel like you got ripped off.

Which games do you think belong to the latter?

I say Guitar Hero (as in, Guitar Hero: Smash Hits, Band Hero, DJ Hero, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith/Metallica/Hard Rock Van Halen) is probably the largest franchise ever to be milked.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Final Fantasy - Games are getting worse since IX

Pro Evolution Soccer - Game has been getting worse since PES6

(first two that come to mind)

Adiuvo

Guitar Hero, nearly all sports games, Final Fantasy remakes (though not FF itself), and that's it.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Final Fantasy - Games are getting worse since IX

X was good. X-2 was infinite shit, and XI XII were just too different for me.

im shocked halo WASN'T milked. most successful titles get 345678909876543 sequels that SUCK, but they knew when to stop.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
X was good. X-2 was infinite shit, and XI XII were just too different for me.

[HIGHLIGHT]im shocked halo WASN'T milked. most successful titles get 345678909876543 sequels that SUCK, but they knew when to stop.[/HIGHLIGHT]

How is Halo not being milked with three titles out now and two more being released in the future? (ODST and Reach)

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
MySims - Originally it was just a spinoff of the Sims for the wii, but now it itself has spinoffs (Paradise, Kingdom, Racers, ect)

A spinoff of a spinoff, now that is milking it

Riorio99

Apart from the obvious Guitar Hero and sports, to be honest I think that the most milked title recently is Fallout 3.
3 or 4 versions of the game itself, then 5 add-on packs, one of which is almost necessary to have the game be as good as possible.

Seth

MD Party Room
Mario...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Sonic...

Adiuvo

Wasnt halo always set to be a trilogy anyway?
Yes, but now there's more games than that, six in the universe.
Apart from the obvious Guitar Hero and sports, to be honest I think that the most milked title recently is Fallout 3.
3 or 4 versions of the game itself, then 5 add-on packs, one of which is almost necessary to have the game be as good as possible.

I didn't know DLC was milking =/

twelve

I'm not dead
I don't really see a single franchise being milked (Rock Band and Guitar Hero are the closest ones) but the entire motion controlling aspect of the wii is being milked. And not just on the Wii any more thanks to MS and Sony's E3 announcements.