• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What game has made you most excited for its release?

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm interested to see what games have made people really excited about their release. Also, was the game a success for you or a let down? What made you feel this way?

For me I would have to say the game that I was most hyped for would be either Halo 3 or Bioshock. Halo 3 didn't deliever IMO, although it was the first Halo game I had completed (campaign wise, not achievements etc.) it didn't really bring anything new to the table. It felt like an average shooter with a nice skin. The multiplayer modes were nice and so was the multiplayer campaign, but that's all I saw them as; nice. Maybe I should have played Halo 1 & 2 first to properly understand the storyline.

However, Bioshock blew my expecations out of the water. The trailers had me drooling over my keyboard (and the demo made me wish I could just go into town and buy it straight away). When I first got to play the game I didn't take my hands of the controller for about 4 hours. Bioshock is one of the few games I can say I thoroughly enjoyed from beginning to end. The storyline and idea is fantastic and I enjoyed every moment.

So, what about you?

James.

User Not Found
See whole of Microsoft E3 09.
--
Already released games?
Well: Halo 2, Halo 3, Fallout 3, Bioshock, KOTOR 2 and Mass Effect.

I love them all :)

EDIT: Except Fallout 3. I was disappointed