• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi What was the first game you ever played?

chrisssteeven

For me it was pong on a computer with a 5 inch green screen built right into the computer and a drive bay just as big as the computer to read the disks like a floppy but bigger and thin

Pong frist second was frogger.. on the same green screen computer..

karnbmx

ceebs. :)
Can't actually remember the first game I played. As far I as can remember, it would have been Prince of Persia on 95. Then good old Wolfenstein 3D.:D

Good times....Good times....:laugh:

Riorio99

I believe it is either some form of police game for the Atari 2600, or ISS Pro Soccer '98 on PS1.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I'm not 100% sure what I played first. Whatever it was, it would have been either Atari 2600 (moon patrol, pitfall!, etc) or the ascii games on the KayPro II (CatChum, Ladder, etc)

El Diablo

It was either Star Wars Dark Forces or Team Apache.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Super Mario World 3

Ditto. I played it as part of Super Mario All Stars on the SNES, easily my favourite game for that console. Took me about a year to complete it the first time, but now I can manage to complete it in about half an hour using a SNES emulator in my IT lessons.

It's actually really easy when you know where to find the whistles in the first world. Too Easy. :argh:

vince99

french PSP Fan
BERSERK on a atari 2600
surely the best game i have never played (after bomberman, of course!!!);)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
First game I ever played was Puzzle Bubble on a DOS-only machine (I think it was), first game I played with a passion was Septerra Core, a nice RPG for the PC that hasn't aged badly at all.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Jetpack on the PC was my first. The game ran on MS-DOS. The first console game I played was either Mario Kart 64 or Super Mario 64. Good times...

Seth

MD Party Room
I'm not 100% sure what I played first. Whatever it was, it would have been either Atari 2600 (moon patrol, pitfall!, etc) or the ascii games on the KayPro II (CatChum, Ladder, etc)

Wow a acscii game you been playing games for a really long time... Mine I think it was tetris for the nes

Btw it nice to see your still active on the forums neilr.

coyotebean

I can't quite remember, these are the more interesting earlest games I can think of:
Arcade : Pong / Space Invaders
Computer : Super Puck-Man @ Apple ][
Conosle : Mario Bros. @ NES

Cryox

Bro.
I can't remember if I got the Sega Genesis before or after the Compaq laptop... either way, I think the first game I ever played was Sonic.

swagshot

tetris on game boy lol.. classic.. i downloaded the emulator just to play the original.. along with supermario land.. which was a WEIRD classic.. nonetheless epic. What really got me addicted though is Street Fighter II.. which I still play today in the form of Marvel Vs Capcom 2... anyone want to try me on PSN: Gimme20Dollas Paypal money match!! lol