• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Whats the default speed of psp game cpu

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
hey guys i just wanted to know Whats the default speed of psp game cpu because the god of war ran on the default cpu speed and it was so smooth
So the game devs can make more out of psp right

Means it they raise the umd memory capacity from 2.2gb to 3.5 or 4.5 gb so we could also get better games like ps2 version games
i am not taking about all games somes games like imagine god of war 2 for psp
which uses full cpu speed and graphics are awesome

333 cpu speed=4gb umd games=PSP Awesome :w00t:

And another thing i heard from some hombrew coder that psp 3000 colors are not used much now and the future games will take new and full advantage of psp 3000 wide range color settings is it true?

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
u can't get 4gb umd games. unless some one works out a new compression method.

but that then mean updateing the psp to read that new compression

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
Default CPU speed is 222MHz, ca be raised - as you said - to 333MHz if needed.

Hellcat one question,in future can sony emulate ps2 games on psp if they want to,is psp so powerfull

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hellcat one question,in future can sony emulate ps2 games on psp if they want to,is psp so powerfull

Nope, just not possible.
While it's possible to port games to and from because of their similiar architecture, the PSP has just slightly less performance than the PS2.

disclaimer: the above info is from what I remember reading about both the PSP and PS2, it may be completely incorrect

A_Nub

Developer
Also the face that there are dual analogs on the PS2 and dual shoulder buttons. xD Obvious hardware limitations here.

Hellcat

Contributor
Yo, real *emulation* of the PS2 is absolutely imppssible on the PSP.
Always keep in mind that emulating a system takes up several times the processing power for the emulation as the system to be emulated has.

Sliderkk

The PSP can't emulate PS2 games (for real) the same reason why newer PS3s can't where older ones can. Go ahead and get Google to tell you why.

explosions

The PSP can't emulate PS2 games (for real) the same reason why newer PS3s can't where older ones can. Go ahead and get Google to tell you why.

The "older" (You aren't counting the 20GB models?) PS3s had the Emotion Engine built-in. The same chip as the PS2. You can't really classify that as true emulation.

Sliderkk

Well now that I think of it that's not emulation but a actual PS2 inside of an PS3.

Anyways to answer your actual question DarkGamer the default CPU clock speed depends because after a certain point Sony let developers decide, but before then it was always 222 Mhz.

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
Well now that I think of it that's not emulation but a actual PS2 inside of an PS3.

Anyways to answer your actual question DarkGamer the default CPU clock speed depends because after a certain point Sony let developers decide, but before then it was always 222 Mhz.

Man, explosions just told us that, why can't you accept you are wrong? Lol. You thought the PS3 emulated a PS2, where as explosions let us know the PS2 chip is already inside the PS3. Damn.

PSP fail emulate PS2. /endthread

explosions

And it was firmware 3.50, IIRC.

Hellcat

Contributor
Sliderkk:
You're right, but the default speed is still and exact 222MHz CPU, 111MHz bus :p
If game devs want more, they need to actively call some syscalls to get it - that's what was added like splosie said in one of the 3.xx FWs :D (CFW could do it all the time tho)

explosions

Sliderkk:
You're right, but the default speed is still and exact 222MHz CPU, 111MHz bus :p
If game devs want more, they need to actively call some syscalls to get it - that's what was added like splosie said in one of the 3.xx FWs :D (CFW could do it all the time tho)

Just another example of Sony realizing the homebrew devs knew better. lol.

Sliderkk

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to overclock the thing? 'Cause I would be totally down for a water-cooled PSP.

Sliderkk

If I was a total douchebag I would have probably Googled it.

EDIT: And if I was a fag, I would have went on YouTube instaid.