• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

When is the price drop coming?

twelve

I'm not dead
Zavvi in the UK have an unofficial price drop thanks to the economic climate putting them into administration.

PS3's can now be got for

Seth

MD Party Room
For those who also want it

Get $100 card credit

It just as cheap as a reg 360!!!...Tho you do need to sign up and get the ps card..

Tho what a badass card it is..

Seth

MD Party Room
The Ps3 Sales Rank on Amazon is #16 in Video Game only to compare to the Wii that on the 15th spot... So it seems that sales are not that bad online....

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Wii sales on Amazon would be significantly higher if they were sold at MSRP. You're not making an apples to apples comparison.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
For those who also want it

Get $100 card credit

It just as cheap as a reg 360!!!...Tho you do need to sign up and get the ps card..

Tho what a badass card it is..

can i get it buy a ps3 and cancel it. i already have a credit card.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
You'd have to buy something I think. Buy something for your mom and roommate.

well i guess i cold buy my mom an ipod. She still uses atracs.

Seth

MD Party Room
Sony: PS3 will remain most expensive console - Joystiq

Unless you resort to more unconventional methods of console acquisition, the PlayStation 3 is going to run you a bit more than the 360 and Wii. It's always been that way -- and according to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe head David Reeves, it's going to remain that way for some time to come. His reasoning? The only way for Sony to weather the current financial squall is to protect themselves -- "It's like being an armadillo," Reeves said, in our favorite simile of 2009 thus far.

Reeves told Eurogamer that Sony isn't denying the possibility of a PS3 price cut, stating, "It is possible that as the cost [of manufacturing] comes down, we will be able to do it," though there are no explicit plans to do so. For the time being, the PS3 will remain on top of the price point totem pole -- unless Nintendo decides to double the price of the Wii, which due to the grim forces of supply and demand, it could ostensibly get away with.

Euphoria

Sales Nut
It is easy to see PS3 will remain the most expensive console. I doubt it will ever be lower than the 360 and Wii.

With that article though, he does say it is possible. I can see the price dropping later this year for sure since Sony said they should be profiting on PS3 hardware sometime this year.

Sony is also spending tons on Killzone 2 advertising, especially in Europe. They may even drop the price sometime in the Spring. I think PS3 price in Europe is around

Seth

MD Party Room
There some rumors going around that there going to be a ps3 price drop on gdc .

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
There some rumors going around that there going to be a ps3 price drop on gdc .

It would most likely be this summer or this fall that a price drop will be made, I'm leaning towards the fall though.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Most of the rumors I've read are pointing towards them dropping the price by adding games to bundles. One was staying the same price but adding the first Motorstorm and Resistance.

Seth

MD Party Room
i'm expecting a price cut to happen in April asap, maybe the first week of April. it'd be starting off their new fiscal year with quite a bang. Well that my logic at least.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM EST ----------

Most of the rumors I've read are pointing towards them dropping the price by adding games to bundles. One was staying the same price but adding the first Motorstorm and Resistance.

I dont see the point of that, it like what sony keeps doing with upgrading the HDD space but keeping the same price point. A core system with $50 less will do sony a world more good. But yea that might happen as well..

twelve

I'm not dead
Will Sony ever put BC back into the PS3?
Probably not, it was over a year since they removed it. It's time to move past that. The price is the major concern with the console.

I doubt we'll see a price drop soon, Sony need one but with the current state of the economy I don't think they can afford it.

Riorio99

I predict an announcement at E3, along with some new colours or something.
It will not go down that much, probably about

_Syn

What does QFT mean? I'm too lazy to search it up on Urban Dictionary. LOL.

Yeah, I agree with Phil, I think that it won't go down just because of our stinking economy.