• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

where to get R4 for DS?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

DredS

A friend of mine bought the R4 on dealextreme.com for $26.99
hope I helped

DredS

OMG!!
just found the R4DS for only $18 at focalprice.com

DredS

Sorry :crying:
Thanks for that i was about to order from them :blushing:

aero125

Don't buy R4 or M3 Simply, they are outdated with probably no more updates. The Arm7 technique to patch R4 may not work in future games, already there have been feedbacks that the earlier donor file failed.

DSTT is in a mess now with fakes going around, and the manufacturer has put up usage warning risks in its website against using the fakes with the ofw ( burn cart or burn TF or burn main console or burn all ). Stay away.

Edge, Acekard2, EzyFlash V and SCDSone are probably the more affordable ones to consider.

I have bought from DX before, they are reliable except that the customer svc seems to have problems understanding English when you submit online help.

Sorry :crying:
Thanks for that i was about to order from them :blushing:

Elivercury

I agree with Aero, the R4 is outdated, furthermore it was never that great to start with. It was rather tempremental at being seen (took 5-10 attempts usually for it to go to the R4 screen instead of the standard nintendo DS screen saying "No card inserted").

It also had a tendancy to crash at random, and that chance increased exponentially if you closed the DS putting it into standby then opened it up again. It also just hated some games and crashed every 5 seconds with them.

DSTT was aweful, it would work great for about 5 attempts then it would stop being recognized ever again (i tried like 20 times, then reformatted the SD to get it to work again, then after the second break tried again 20 times then ditched it).

So now i'm using the EDGE card, which i must say i'm very happy with. Moonshell is optional, freeing up a little bit of space if you don't want it, it loads every time and i've yet to have it crash on me. Only really complaint about it is that a spring loaded system for the SD slot would have been nice instead of having to claw at it to get it out once it's in.

So yeah, i'd go for an EDGE, i can personally reccommend them, or give one of the other cards Aero reccommended a go. Good luck :)