• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Retro Which PS2 Games Need to be Remastered

Whisper

Logic :(
With the upcoming re-release of GOW 1&2 on Nov 17. What other series from the PS2 you want remastered.
Mine: Persona 3&4. 70+ a piece of gameplay. I'd joyfully hate myself playing them again in HD.

Adiuvo

Shadow of the Colossus. It was a beautiful game to begin with, but the game could really benefit from an graphics update for it's atmosphere.

Dan

Contributor
The Getaway & The Getaway:Black Monday.

I loved them games so much, they were so underrated.

eldiablov

Contributor
A remake of The Getaway series could be quite interesting.

Although I'd like to see San Andreas for PS3 D:

twelve

I'm not dead
Shadow of the Colossus. It was a beautiful game to begin with, but the game could really benefit from an graphics update for it's atmosphere.
While I'd love to see it remade I don't think that it ever should be.

Team ICO already work slower than Polyphony Digital on a slow day so I'd rather they 100% focus on new games rather than spending a decade remaking an old one.

Joey

The answer is Shadow of the Colossus. Although, it's crazy how well that game holds up to this day. It's one of only a handfull of PS2 games that are still 100% playable.

After you play games like Uncharted 2, PS2 games are almost impossible to go back to.

spitfireuk

FRAGSTATIC!!
The entire MGS series in the Guns of the Patriots engine.

i would love to see MGS3 on ps3 just coz it saves me just going away to play it on my ps2 xD

Black would be a good one too. just adds to the balance of FPS's =D xD

Adiuvo

While I'd love to see it remade I don't think that it ever should be.

Team ICO already work slower than Polyphony Digital on a slow day so I'd rather they 100% focus on new games rather than spending a decade remaking an old one.
That's a fair point. Really though it's only the textures for most of the buildings and some meshwork for the Colossi that could use an improvement. The physics system isn't that bad.

It would be nice if they could outsource it since it doesn't need all that much, but I can't imagine their team doing that. The head (forgot his name) is just as OCD about his games as Kojima.

Riorio99

I would quite like to see Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and Chain Of Memories.

Canis Canem Edit (Bully) would be nice as well, but I think a sequel would be a better bet.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Okami

could even use the motion controller.

twelve

I'm not dead
I would quite like to see Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and Chain Of Memories.

Canis Canem Edit (Bully) would be nice as well, but I think a sequel would be a better bet.
I'd like to see the PS2 version of Chains of Memories make it over here at all, doesn't look likely though.

The first 2 games haven't aged badly at all though so don't think they need remaking, then again the same could be said for God of War.

Bully is on 360 so there's already a next gen version, though it was just a port of the original Xbox version.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I would most likely replay these if they were remade in HD.

San Andreas
Black
SotC
RE4
Silent Hill 2
DQ VIII
DMC3

twelve

I'm not dead
I would most likelyreplY these if they were remade in HD.

San Andreas
Black
SotC
RE4
Silent Hill 2
DQ VIII
DMC3
Silent Hill 2 is a good one. Instead of them pumping out these subpar Silent Hill games over and over they could put out a decent one to remind us what the series should be like.