• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Who is your favorite video game villian

Gamer Steve

Who is you favorite video game villain and why? What makes you connect to them and enjoy their characteristics.

Mine would have to be hands down sephiroth from the final fantasy 7 series. I just love his character entirely. His outfit and weapon is bad ass. His voice is super dramatic his hair is amazing lol. He is super powerful and godlike he is wise and calm. He is just that perfect bad guy.

SihayatheFremen

Not exactly a villain but I liked Andrew Ryan in Bioshock. While I disagree with a lot of his philosophy it does make you think and the one thing that always stuck with me was "A man chooses, a slave obeys." I'm still debating if I wanna get those words underneath the chains on my wrists or not.

As much as I dislike Borderlands 2...Handsome Jack is an awesome villain. He's just the right amount of smartass to be loveable.

Gamer Steve

Not exactly a villain but I liked Andrew Ryan in Bioshock. While I disagree with a lot of his philosophy it does make you think and the one thing that always stuck with me was "A man chooses, a slave obeys." I'm still debating if I wanna get those words underneath the chains on my wrists or not.

As much as I dislike Borderlands 2...Handsome Jack is an awesome villain. He's just the right amount of smartass to be loveable.
That would be a cool tat. To have and I so agree handsome Jack is a perfect villain. I like his sarcasm.

chunji

I love to hate Handsome Jack. He's just such an asshole. But he's so funny. I feel the same way about Roy Earle in L.A. Noire (not exactly a villain so I won't go into that here). I gotta agree with @SihayatheFremen about Andrew Ryan as well. And the true villain of Bioshock deserves praise for being so smart and manipulative. (The prequel novel goes more into it as well.)

ANYWAY. This is a tough question. I literally stared at the wall for 10 minutes while trying to figure it out haha. Glados would be one. Crazy killer robot? Why not. Agreed on Sephiroth too. And. Uh. This is too hard.

I don't LIKE like them of course, but the origami killer from Heavy Rain gets props for being a really good villain. Same goes to the Dollmaker from Alice: Madness Returns. Both of them fall in that category of "i did NOT see that coming!!" These are two characters I absolutely DESPISE. At the end of the day, if you really hate the villain, I suppose they've done their job.

Villains I do like: Kirie from Fatal Frame, Reika from Fatal Frame III. Their stories are so tragic that I can't help but feel bad for them. They just wanted to be happy and it just didn't work out. I felt sympathy for them. My heart ached for them.
...sorry for the incredibly long post.

Last edited:

Gamer Steve

I love to hate Handsome Jack. He's just such an asshole. But he's so funny. I feel the same way about Roy Earle in L.A. Noire (not exactly a villain so I won't go into that here). I gotta agree with @SihayatheFremen about Andrew Ryan as well. And the true villain of Bioshock deserves praise for being so smart and manipulative. (The prequel novel goes more into it as well.)

ANYWAY. This is a tough question. I literally stared at the wall for 10 minutes while trying to figure it out haha. Glados would be one. Crazy killer robot? Why not. Agreed on Sephiroth too. And. Uh. This is too hard.

I don't LIKE like them of course, but the origami killer from Heavy Rain gets props for being a really good villain. Same goes to the Dollmaker from Alice: Madness Returns. Both of them fall in that category of "i did NOT see that coming!!" These are two characters I absolutely DESPISE. At the end of the day, if you really hate the villain, I suppose they've done their job.

Villains I do like: Kirie from Fatal Frame, Reika from Fatal Frame III. Their stories are so tragic that I can't help but feel bad for them. They just wanted to be happy and it just didn't work out. I felt sympathy for them. My heart ached for them.
...sorry for the incredibly long post.
Lol I actually enjoyed reading your post so no worries on the length. I personally own bioshock 1 & 2 but never completed them so hearing about Andrew makes me want to play to see his true character. As for characters who you can feel sympathetic for I have been their as well but for some reason I can't think of which character it was so I'll get back to u on that :)

SihayatheFremen

. I gotta agree with @SihayatheFremen about Andrew Ryan as well. And the true villain of Bioshock deserves praise for being so smart and manipulative. (The prequel novel goes more into it as well)

See, I read the novel to Bioshock and could not stand it. I felt they tried too hard to shoe horn things in and based on how they portrayed the characters, who they became in the game didn't make any sense at all.

SihayatheFremen

That would be a cool tat. To have and I so agree handsome Jack is a perfect villain. I like his sarcasm.

Well that was the original plan for my tattoos. The chains are in the game after all. But once I got them done, I wasn't sure about the words. I'm considering it because A. I like them. B. I'm tired of explaining my tattoos to people and C. If one more person calls them or me "Basic" one more time I'm going to commit a crime.

Last edited:

Gamer Steve

See, I read the novel to Bioshock and could not stand it. I felt they tried too hard to shoe horn things in and based on how they portrayed the characters, who they became in the game didn't make any sense at all.
I am becoming interested in this novel just to see how it is

Gamer Steve

Well that ed the original plan for my tattoos. The chains are ruin the game after all. But once I got them done, I wasn't sure about the words. I'm considering it because A. I like them. B. I'm tired of explaining my tattoos to people and C. If one more person calls them or me "Basic" one more time I'm going to commit a crime.
I always saw do what makes you happy. Plus tattoo s are sometimes symbolic to one's self so if some people don't get it oh well for them at least u know what it means

SihayatheFremen

I always saw do what makes you happy. Plus tattoo s are sometimes symbolic to one's self so if some people don't get it oh well for them at least u know what it means
I get that tattoos are symbolic, which is why I got the ones I did and they are the only ones i currently have. It was a big decision for me. But when people see tattoos on a person they will always ask about them, its just how people are.
As to the "basic" thing. Well, there isn't much I can do about that. Apparently girls have made a habit of getting shallow "deep" tattoos on their wrists and so now all wrist tattoos are considered basic. I dunno. Its annoying. Its just one of those things that society decides one day and you just hope it dies out soon.

Gamer Steve

I get that tattoos are symbolic, which is why I got the ones I did and they are the only ones i currently have. It was a big decision for me. But when people see tattoos on a person they will always ask about them, its just how people are.
As to the "basic" thing. Well, there isn't much I can do about that. Apparently girls have made a habit of getting shallow "deep" tattoos on their wrists and so now all wrist tattoos are considered basic. I dunno. Its annoying. Its just one of those things that society decides one day and you just hope it dies out soon.
i get what you mean society does sometimes make certain things too big or even small at times

SihayatheFremen

i actually had an elder scrolls book, the names were way to hard and annoying to pronounce or remember :-0

this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Souls
The names being impossible to pronounce didn't botherm e as much as the bad writing and subpar story. Can't believe I paid for both those books.
The Dragon Age books were on the other hand fantastic, also Mass Effect, Dead Space, Gears and The Witcher. The Fable ones were ok too.

DarkPhoenix

Mine are Bane. I'm not sure why I love this villain but I do. Another is Catwoman. Although she is a soft villain. I love her approach on everything and she suits my style in every game I've played with her.

Gamer Steve

this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Souls
The names being impossible to pronounce didn't botherm e as much as the bad writing and subpar story. Can't believe I paid for both those books.
The Dragon Age books were on the other hand fantastic, also Mass Effect, Dead Space, Gears and The Witcher. The Fable ones were ok too.
i think i had the infernal city the one with the floating island. it wasnt interesting at all...i wanted to read the fable books but i had no clue that there was mass effect books & dragon age books..

Gamer Steve

Mine are Bane. I'm not sure why I love this villain but I do. Another is Catwoman. Although she is a soft villain. I love her approach on everything and she suits my style in every game I've played with her.
yea cat women is a soft villian cuz she could do good things at time