• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Why are achievement cheaters allowed?

ZioBasi

I did analyze the game i screenshotted, not reported you btw, i did that whole thing to show how your position that little time in game = cheating is not 100% correct and varies from case to case and you clearly didn't get the message ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And for those games not sure if you are joking or not, but you have 5k achievements game completed in less than half an hour, just sayin', literally same thing applies to those
You still don't get the point... Stop watching the total time of a game and start analyze the timestamps!
There's tons of game out there that you can plat in less than 2 hrs and if you look at the leaderboard of that games you can see most of them have the same hrs, like me.
What's strange is when somebody unlocks different trophies at the same time, like you did! It doesn't matter the total playtime that can be legit if it's 2 hrs, but how can a player unlock the first and last trophy at the exact same time?! That's cheating my boy, wake up!
Ps. I obviously reported you

Last edited:

ZioBasi

Actually, you don't even need to grab anything: you can simply join someone's server while they killing those bosses and get achievements, so it's completely possible to get those fast in more than one way even
I know that, but it still impossible to get each of them in 1 minute even if you plan a cheesy strategy like that. Have you at least ever played that game or what?

Sukeirusu

You still don't get the point... Stop watching the total time of a game and start analyze the timestamps!
There's tons of game out there that you can plat in less than 2 hrs and if you look at the leaderboard of that games you can see most of them have the same hrs, like me.
What's strange is when somebody unlocks different trophies at the same time, like you did! It doesn't matter the total playtime that can be legit if it's 2 hrs, but how can a player unlock the first and last trophy at the exact same time?! That's cheating my boy, wake up!
Ps. I obviously reported you
Reread my message on timestamps, i listed all the reasons how getting all achievements in almost exact time is possible without cheats, if there's no possible way either of those apply to whatever you trying to say then it is in fact cheated
Thanks for creating more work for moderation team with your false report, now they will take even longer to review actually useful ones 👍

ZioBasi

Actually, you don't even need to grab anything: you can simply join someone's server while they killing those bosses and get achievements, so it's completely possible to get those fast in more than one way even
So, you're telling me that if I use SAM software and I unlock all the trophy of a game one by one paying attention on the timestamps (like 1 minutes one from each other in this case), it won't be possible for the staff to understand if I've cheated or not?

ZioBasi

You sure that i'm the one who didn't play the game and not you?
I'm still sure! The video proof that it took more than a minute to kill those bosses and it didn't even show the time for spawning them!! They don't insta-spawn lol
Bro.... you're funny stop wasting my time and start playing the games in a legit way

Last edited:

Sukeirusu

I'm still sure! The video proof that it took more than a minute to kill those bosses and it didn't even show the time for spawning them!! They don't insta-spawn lol
Bro.... you're funny stop wasting my time and start playing the games in a legit way
Why would time to spawn them matter? You get achievements when you kill them and they don't even take that long to spawn

You are the one who started saying how they "don't ban cheaters" and yet didn't give any good proof that they did cheat other than they got achievements fast which is totally possible, how about you get a brain?

ZioBasi

What you gonna say now? :)
You still didn't answer to my question... I see that it can be done in a legit way, but if the player used SAM and unlock those achievements one by one just waiting one minute to not suspect doubts on the timestamps, how do staff recognize the difference?

Sukeirusu

You still didn't answer to my question... I see that it can be done in a legit way, but if the player used SAM and unlock those achievements one by one just waiting one minute to not suspect doubts on the timestamps, how do staff recognize the difference?
depends on amount of achievements unlocked, getting all of them perfecty only per minute is extremely suspicious and i personally would question if this legit or not, but i don't know how staff decides if it possible or not, you should ask them

Luka the Wanderer

Some games can allow you to obtain all the achievements in minutes/seconds, some can do it by connecting to an account (such as Epic) where you already di all the achievements (Playstation 5 also does this for some games if you completed on PS4).

Then there are some folks who consider an absurd number of rules and if you don't follow every last arbitrary thing, you are considered a "cheater". Ultimately - it doesn't matter. Go for the achievements and have fun. Stop worrying about what other people are doing. Are you going for achievements because it is fun or to strengthen your epeen on the internet?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've found the guy you are talking about, he still on the leaderboard and he's 32 world rank.
Watching this picture, can you please explain me how did he beat 3 different world boss in only 3 minutes total?!
Even if he had all the item already to spawn them, the time to get there, the time for the fight, etc... should be more than 1 minute....
Just because it is one of the top ranks in the world, does not mean that it is always regular, on the contrary: it should be subject to more checks, don't you think?
It seems more like a person who played the game for a few hours, didn't like it because it was perhaps too long and boring, and therefore decided to unlock the achievements with SAM every few minutes to avoid suspecting doubts. Looking at the general leaderboard you notice that there are only 2 guys like him: everyone has at least 200/300+ hours in the game, those are more normal! If I check a little better, I'm sure I'll find other more suspicious things in his account, like: maybe he unlocked two achievements in two different games at the same time
That wasn't the user I was talking about, it was this one: https://www.exophase.com/steam/user/HornetWithaGun/

Going back to the topic, if you want us to handle your reports in a timely manner you need to provide more evidence. Saying they just have 0 hours is not sufficient for a single player game that could have been played offline. And, the 0 hours is meaningless as well if they have hours hidden on Steam.

A few of your FFVIII and FFVII reports were valid when looking the earned timestamps and I have removed those users but on others I couldn't find any evidence of cheating - at least in the reported game, I've not looked at the full profile yet. What exactly are you seeing in these user's timestamps to suggest they are cheating?

ZioBasi

That wasn't the user I was talking about, it was this one: https://www.exophase.com/steam/user/HornetWithaGun/

Going back to the topic, if you want us to handle your reports in a timely manner you need to provide more evidence. Saying they just have 0 hours is not sufficient for a single player game that could have been played offline. And, the 0 hours is meaningless as well if they have hours hidden on Steam.

A few of your FFVIII and FFVII reports were valid when looking the earned timestamps and I have removed those users but on others I couldn't find any evidence of cheating - at least in the reported game, I've not looked at the full profile yet. What exactly are you seeing in these user's timestamps to suggest they are cheating?

I didn't know about the fact that 0.0 hrs could be legit since some players can play as offline, so I understand that. But the user you just link me has 11 hrs in Terraria and it's suspicious right from the start, don't you think? Just do a quick scan to see if you find anything.

I understand that not all of them are cheaters, but apparently you are giving me confirmation that most of them are since you blocked them from the report I made.
As for this one you linked, I took a quick look, 2 minute stuff and something you could have done too. Look at the image I attached and analyze the fishing achievements: the first quest completed at 3:30, the tenth at 3:33. It is already suspicious that he did 10 fishing quests in just 3 minutes because you have to wait for the night to pass and even if quickly the time should be something more, but let's say he/she was super fast and therefore 10 fishing quests are done in one average of 2-3 minutes (I calculate 2-3 minutes because perhaps the first achievement unlocked him at 3:30:30, just to be more precise).
So: 2-3 minutes for 10 quests then for 200 it will be 40-60 minutes correct? The 200 quest trophy unlocked at 3:59, so after ONLY 29 minutes!! Is not enough? It's clear that he unlocked the first ones legitly, then he cheated the last ones.
1.png

Last edited:

ZioBasi

Reread my message on timestamps, i listed all the reasons how getting all achievements in almost exact time is possible without cheats, if there's no possible way either of those apply to whatever you trying to say then it is in fact cheated
Thanks for creating more work for moderation team with your false report, now they will take even longer to review actually useful ones 👍
As you can see from the Administrator post above, at the end the weren't "false report" mine. Staff could just spend couple of minutes more to find the solution like I did, but next time I'll give more details for sure

ZioBasi

Some games can allow you to obtain all the achievements in minutes/seconds, some can do it by connecting to an account (such as Epic) where you already di all the achievements (Playstation 5 also does this for some games if you completed on PS4).

Then there are some folks who consider an absurd number of rules and if you don't follow every last arbitrary thing, you are considered a "cheater". Ultimately - it doesn't matter. Go for the achievements and have fun. Stop worrying about what other people are doing. Are you going for achievements because it is fun or to strengthen your epeen on the internet?
There is a ranking for achievements so it is normal for there to be competition: I didn't set it, but the website did.

As for my personal experience, I can tell you that I am an achievement hunter for passion and fun, but at the same time it bothers me to see someone cheating and obtaining (falsely) the same satisfaction that I obtained by sweating. In the end, isn't the beauty of platinuming games or sweating for complicated achievements knowing that few people have achieved it?! If you see that everyone unlocks it by cheating, in the end you won't want to sweat/nerd for certain achievements, don't you agree?

Last edited:

Sukeirusu

I didn't know about the fact that 0.0 hrs could be legit since some players can play as offline, so I understand that. But the user you just link me has 11 hrs in Terraria and it's suspicious right from the start, don't you think? Just do a quick scan to see if you find anything.

I understand that not all of them are cheaters, but apparently you are giving me confirmation that most of them are since you blocked them from the report I made.
As for this one you linked, I took a quick look, 2 minute stuff and something you could have done too. Look at the image I attached and analyze the fishing achievements: the first quest completed at 3:30, the tenth at 3:33. It is already suspicious that he did 10 fishing quests in just 3 minutes because you have to wait for the night to pass and even if quickly the time should be something more, but let's say he/she was super fast and therefore 10 fishing quests are done in one average of 2-3 minutes (I calculate 2-3 minutes because perhaps the first achievement unlocked him at 3:30:30, just to be more precise).
So: 2-3 minutes for 10 quests then for 200 it will be 40-60 minutes correct? The 200 quest trophy unlocked at 3:59, so after ONLY 29 minutes!! Is not enough? It's clear that he unlocked the first ones legitly, then he cheated the last ones.View attachment 15647
You can quickly change time to day then night refreshing angler's quests with journey mode menu, if you have most of the quest fish in inventory (most because as far as i remember there's more of them than inventory slots, chest nearby will help) you can quickly go through those quests, so i would say 30 minutes to get through 200 of them is plausible, but can't be 100% sure on this since it took me ~50 minutes that way, but keep in mind i was chatting at the same time so not all of that time went into actual playing

ZioBasi

You can quickly change time to day then night refreshing angler's quests with journey mode menu, if you have most of the quest fish in inventory (most because as far as i remember there's more of them than inventory slots, chest nearby will help) you can quickly go through those quests, so i would say 30 minutes to get through 200 of them is plausible, but can't be 100% sure on this since it took me ~50 minutes that way, but keep in mind i was chatting at the same time so not all of that time went into actual playing
I did the same without chatting: 200 quests are more than 29 minutes

Luka the Wanderer

There is a ranking for achievements so it is normal for there to be competition: I didn't set it, but the website did.

As for my personal experience, I can tell you that I am an achievement hunter for passion and fun, but at the same time it bothers me to see someone cheating and obtaining (falsely) the same satisfaction that I obtained by sweating. In the end, isn't the beauty of platinuming games or sweating for complicated achievements knowing that few people have achieved it?! If you see that everyone unlocks it by cheating, in the end you won't want to sweat/nerd for certain achievements, don't you agree?
Block them and move on. Having them live rent free in your head isn't good for you and will only make the experience of collecting achievements/trophies worse in the long run.

LunaRosalie

I mean leaderboards are silly in general, I will admit some of my older games I have cheated like a missing 1 or 2 cheevos just because i didnt want to go through the effort of something absurd, but what i do find hilarious is how some users will petty report things without even understand the game, As someone who occasionally speedran and knows speedtech for multiple games getting blocked off a leaderboard is absurdly hilarious, I know KH apparently has me blocked yet I just do the speedrun tech (skipping cutscenes, boss quick kills, Optimized farm strats). 0% cheating. But I guess some for some people in life all they have is an achievement leaderboard? its w/e.

as for someone doing the kill 10,000 enemies in FF8 I dont blame them 100% for doing that as killing enemies in FF8 is actively a hinderance to the player especially when the game is easier to beat at level 8-10 and just really boring and bad at level 100.

Also not to mention on PC you can literally just cheat engine or speed hack x5-x20 speed if you really want especially on a single player experience to remove useless time wasting activity such as "Grinding" even though FF8(2014 Steam) has a base x3 speed built in with F1 which alot of people dont know about.

At the end of the day You should just be doing cheevos for yourself and not some leaderboard.

Last edited: